biggest channel in the lower colorado river

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jun 13, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    what are some of the size fish yiuve caught around the colorado river.......

how do you target channels in a river.... they usually hang out around coves right???? cause its a break form the current?????

ive only fished in one cove and i think i fished it out :sad2:

2. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    has anyone fished in the channel under the london bridge before?????

huge carp and i caught a smallmouth bass on chicken bread but no cats... i keep pondering the idea

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I GUESS EVERYONE IS BUSY FLATHEAD FISHING!!!!!!!!:smile2:

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey, I have caught some channel cats on the colorado in Blythe.. But never anything big, and I have only been there twice..

* I always stick with raw shrimp in a khale hook pretty much where ever I go..
    ~A

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    wouldn't catch me fishing under bridge. too much trash there. as for channels, in havasu, crawlers, liver, chovies, stink, hot dogs, and live bait.
    same thing down in river by yuma.
    best channel for me from havasu was 16lbs. 14 in lower river.
    gary

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

ya i bet.... the only thing i do in the channell is fish for ( ttrraasshh fish ):smile2:

i little treble hook and a bough ball and u got yourself a nice bag of bloody cut bait....

7. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    About the largest channel that I have gotten out of the Lower Colorado is a 5lber. I was using a waterdog.

Most of the time if I am wanting to target channels I will use the stinky stuff and a looper rig.

As far as fishing by a bridge, you may actually have some luck near the pilings. Often times they have to put reinforcement around them which generates some structure that is normally not there. The only question I have is all the activity that is going on around there...I would think that there is a lot of movement on the water...Am I right on this?

Ryan

8. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Leroy.... "back a few years ago or more". my son and I came down river from Needles for a "curise" to the London bridge.... bout 23 miles..... had a beer and headed back.... I was sight fishing as we left the "bridge" and flipped a "fatrap" to a 3lb LMbass..... good grass and bushes out from under the bridge, and heading out to the main lake..... might be a cat or two there at night.....

Bayrunner Ray

9. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    Got some channels up to 10lbs on cut blue gill in and around blythe.Shrimp also works good.Depending on current I use 1/2 oz to 2 oz of wieght.Fish slack water if you can find it,pillings are good ,under roads too on the canals.

10. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

no....:crazy:

i really didnt really think about it but i was freelining a doughball under where boats would pass by and it moved about 5ft every 10 minutes so only the boats would scare them ( im sure thats what you ment but i thought id ad the current in ) plenty of carp though..... make good bait

the lack of current is also really nasty when you think about it :eek:oooh: