Biggest channel catfish of 07

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKat, May 15, 2007.

1. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Of course I picked a fantastic day to leave my camera at home. We got an awesome channel cat tonight that went 18.6 lbs. I can't believe it did'nt weigh 20 lbs. It was the longest and fatest channel cat I've ever seen. We also landed a 15 lb channel that was considerably smaller. Got soaked to the bone tonight. Fish continued to bite throughout the rain storm. Picked up most of the fish on cutbait and a few on dip bait. Wound up 15 for 22 overall. Will post pics when my customer e mails them. Hope they are of good quality.

Dan

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    That sounds like a great outting! And I thought my 10lb PB was a monster channel. Keep us posted.
    Sparky

3. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Dan that is great! Them channels are dandy in anyones book! Waiting for the pics

4. mich dave

mich dave New Member

State:
    Otisville
    Hey we need more on a fish like that. They just don't come to the boat for a pic. Congrad's guy

5. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Well I still have'nt recieved the pics of that big channel yet, but I did have my camera along this morning when this monster hit. This fish is even bigger!! It's not the heaviest channel cat I've seen but it was by FAR the longest channel cat I've seen. I don't have a tape measure in the boat but this fish was over 3ft long if it was an inch. I've compared it to pics of 17 and 18 lb fish and it is way longer. I suspect it is a very old fish that more than likely weighed alot more a few years ago. He may be reaching the end of his life span. You'd never guess it though by the fight this fish put up. I was sure we were dealing with a 20lb class flathead during the battle. It was a welcomed surprise as the fish have been running alot smaller since mid last week. We also picked up a 8lb flathead at 9:15 this morning. He took a piece of cutbait as well.

Dan

Attached Files:

6. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    That fish is Awsome Dan. I'm glad to hear you got your first flathead of the year.I hope they are really biting come the first week in June. Keep us posted. Your pictures are great!
    Sparky

7. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    sounds like some good fishin, were you on the grand

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the huge channel!!!

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    sweet googly moogly, nice channel catfish!!