Biggest catfish on chicken liver contest!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tugrivercater, Jul 22, 2006.

1. tugrivercater

tugrivercater New Member

State:
    ky
    hey every one i want to know what your biggest cat on chicken liver was and what was done to your liver (galarc salt or what not) also what kind of cat was it and what kind of body of water was it (lake, river, pond, creek) as for me i have never had even a hit on chicken liver.

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    I have caught about 6 or 7 pounders on reg. livers, nothing done to them, ponds, creeks, rivers, lakes... about anywhere there is channels or yellow bellies, u will catch one with liver.

3. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    my personal best channel... It bottomed out a 13lb scale but was somewhere around 15-18 through different computed weights based on length and girth...

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    On livers its about 8lbs had a chance at a nice one last year but my net man tried to net it tail first DUH

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I have caught two different channel cats that each weighed 12 pounds on regular store-bought chicken liver. I caught them in my little creek (which is amazing, because in the dry seasons the creek ALMOST doesnt flow). Big fat fish too.

6. FROG

FROG New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I have caught both speckel and channel cat on plain store bought chicken livers in a private pond all day long.

7. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    8lbs on garlic salt and brown sugar cured livers.
    Brian

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    I caught a 38 pound blue on fresh livers with garlic juice poured in the container, under power lines on the Tennessee River from our boat about 100 feet from the dam. We were in slack water, about 17 feet deep.

9. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have caught a 2o poung Flat on some reg freash livers!

10. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Okay Ton's might be over a little but my goodnes who knows???My bigest was a 27lb Blue who got CPR .I hope she is still out there makeing babys.Iv used liver for over 30 years and allways bring home eaters........

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    8-lbs is the biggest one I have caught on liver, I like the liver to be fresh, and not cured.

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

10 plain liver in lake
    12 garlic and vanilla lake

both were channel cats

13. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    My largest cat that was caught on liver was probably about 2 or 3 pounds. It was caught on same-day store-bought liver.

14. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    When you start talkin about catching Cats on Chicken Livers, you all are gonna get the one and only clicken liver fisherman fired up. The TREBLE HOOKS will come out and the One and Only EGGMAN will surface and get this SHOW ON THE ROAD. LMAO

I just couldn't resist:

Gene

15. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    my biggest on liver is a 15 pound blue below the spillway on lake lewisville when the spawn was just bout done with. i was useing golf ball size chunks of liver in pantie hose with anise

16. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Yeah, blame it on the net man, LOL.:big_smile:

17. twalton12

twalton12 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i have never caught a cat over 3lb on liver catch all of my bigger fish on cut bluegill

18. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    37 lb blue on Lake Guntersville. Nothing special - the liver was fresh out of the store.

19. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    My biggest is a 12 pound channel caught in a pond using fresh liver.

20. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    8-10lb. channel last weekend. My wifey got it on my pole...grrr :) I think I might have a pic on photobucket. I'll have to check.