Biggest catfish fisherie in NC

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by CatSlayer715, Nov 9, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    What body of water holds the biggest flats/blues in the state, and most consistantly? Im thinking the Neuse (even though i can't find them for S*** right now, lol)

What do you guys think??? don't be shy!

post up!

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'm gonna say the Cape Fear. Still think it's the best fishery for big fish in the state. There's a good deal of fish over 80lbs of both species. Doesn't have much of a channel cat fishery but the flats and blues are there. Badin and Tillery also have some really good fishing for trophy blues, sure the flats are there too but don't see a lot of big 50+ flats like you do out of the rivers.

3. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    nice.. keep this thread going guys. i like to hear everyones imput

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Been watching this waiting on some good info so I could research it thru googles. I'm not from the area but love to do fishing research area's.

5. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    My vote go's for Kerr Reservoir/Buggs Island Lake.

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I would have to lean toward Badin, I know theres an 89 lbr in there and 50+ blues are caught regular. flatheads would be somewhere else.

7. Smittydidit

Smittydidit New Member

State:
    nc
    I would say Kerr even though I don't fish it that much.

8. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would say the Neuse this year has been bad for us but the past couple of years the neuse has given up alot of huge fish. jnc has pulled alot of nice fish from the neuse as have alot of other peaple .I think its just a mater of time befor the state record falls to the neuse

9. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    well i hope it will be on the other end of my fishing rod!!! lol.. the neuse has done me wrong this year... hope it picks up in the winter. If it doesn't, im winterizing my boat for the year and waiting until spring.:angry:

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Man, I don't even know what that means:smile2::smile2:

Nah, don't do that, just keep going and you'll get them eventually.

11. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    David,
    I find it a lot easier to catch bluecats in Winter than I do at any other time of the year. You'll need to be more particular about where you fish though. They school up a lot tighter. Whereas in Summer you might fish about anywhere and catch a few stragglers.

Have you ever been taught to structure-fish? There's more science to it than a lot of people realize.

The most important thing to fishing successfully is to always be fishing where there's a lot of fish. As long as you do that, one or two of them fools will strike.

I actually grew up just a couple hundred yards from the Neuse River and I can vouch for the fact that there's plenty of catfish there.

Seriously, if you don't understand the concept of riffles, holes and runs, PM me your phone number and I'll tell you what I know about it. Also, you can prolly contact In-Fisherman Magazine and get them to sell you some back issues of the Catfish Insider Mags. If you'll read a couple of those and put it into practice, you'll begin to have consistent success. What little I know about fishing (which humbles me often), I learned from someone else. And I don't mind passing it along.

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member