Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the biggest catfish caught in the Hooch in the Coweta Carroll county areas?

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
i've caught 40's,pretty regularly.i've saw a few 50's and one pushing close to 60,flats.caught a 40 lb blue,fishing for flats,but you do have those that say there isn't any bugguns in there,and thats cool too.i fish from franklin up.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have our best at 39lb flat and 32.8 blue. But we are fishing from the bank so we are kinda limited. Im looking to get a boat but it may be a while. I know there is bigger ones in there as I have had my lines snapped like sewing thread and it is Berkley big game 40 pound. I keeping waiting on the really big one to come back by. You will have to give a shout when you are coming up this way and maybe we can meet up and fish some.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I want to see pics of 50+ pound flatheads from the upper hooch. I've never seen any caught over 40 and I know people with jet boats that only fish up there for flatheads and they've been fishing the river for over 30 years. Not saying they don't exist, I just want to see some kind of proof.

If I caught a 50+ (or even a 40), I think I would take a picture. View attachment 110093

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
I want to see pics of 50+ pound flatheads from the upper hooch. I've never seen any caught over 40 and I know people with jet boats that only fish up there for flatheads and they've been fishing the river for over 30 years. Not saying they don't exist, I just want to see some kind of proof.

If I caught a 50+ (or even a 40), I think I would take a picture. View attachment 110093
i guess your right paul,the ones you know,got jet boats,and they ain't caught them,so they are'nt there.i did'nt have a camera to take any pics with,got one now tho,so if i ever catch another one i'll post pics.did'nt mean to mislead anyone with my lies.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
39lbs is my biggest so far and I am stuck on the bank. I do believe there is some in this area that will go that big. As soon as I hit the big 50 Ill be sure to post up some pics of it!! Just a matter of time, at least that is what I keep telling myself!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe Ill have a pic for you. Id love to just bust the 40 lb mark. The gar seem to have layed off a little and the water is up some, now if the rain will hold off. AND if I can find some more 8/0 Circle hooks.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
i hear ya bro. i'm still tryin to get the pic of the 49lb 10 oz. flat.my friend has the pics,but if i get them,i still gotta get them on the computor.
the funny thing is,we had a big flat and a big blue,the blue looked bigger,it was 40 lbs,the flat was 49lb 10 oz.
Is that normal?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think blues always "look" bigger, but I also think it is all in the way you hold them too.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fish Catfish Bass Northern pike Bony-fish

I think holding the flats like this makes them look more the right size. These two were only in the 20s. But when yoou hold them laying down they look smaller. Just my .02 cents worth.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I do know this, if there are any 50 to 60 pounders up there, they would have to be some of the very first ones that were put in the river 10 or 12 years ago, unless somebody released some big ones into the river from somewhere else. Either way, I think they would be lucky to survive long enough to reach that size without being caught.

Side note* I haven't heard of ANY over 25 pounds caught up there this spring.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
I do know this, if there are any 50 to 60 pounders up there, they would have to be some of the very first ones that were put in the river 10 or 12 years ago, unless somebody released some big ones into the river from somewhere else. Either way, I think they would be lucky to survive long enough to reach that size without being caught.

as soon as i get my chit together,and stuff stops goin wrong,i'll try to show ya some,paul.lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Paul, I only know of one that was 49lbs that was caught up here, couple years ago. Here is one my son caught the other night. You can see the size and date on the picture. We usually get several that are over the 30lb mark, just not yet this year. Ill post more pics as we get to do more fishing. Up here the flats just have started to bite good. Seems kiinda late as opposed to the last couple of years.
Fish Recreation

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thomas welcome to the club, what part of the river are you fishing?

Thanks man, I am glad I found this site. Nice to have a fwe locals to chit chat with. I am fishing the area just south of the boat ramp on Hwy 16 at the Coweta Carroll county line.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.