biggest bass

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Cmartin4538, May 26, 2008.

1. Cmartin4538

Cmartin4538 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Whats the biggest bass you've ever caught, post it here.:smile2:

2. chuckmikulik

chuckmikulik New Member

State:
    ohio
    my biggest bass was a 6 pounder i caught yesterday on a black power worm in the beaver river in Bridgewater.

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    :eek:oooh: 4 pounder caught on a 5 inch worm next to the reeds in 4ft of water.

4. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    My biggest was a largemouth that weighed 8 1/2 pounds. Caught it in a management pond while fishing for channel cats using a small bream under a cork.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My largest bass was caught on the Ohio river in a tournament. It weighed 8# 4oz. Caught during a rain storm on a black zara spook.

6. Migrator83

Migrator83 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    My Biggest Largemouth is currently a 4lb 9oz caught on a 7" Pumpkinseed Powerworm

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I had a black that went 7.98 2 years ago from Grand lake in Okla. Caught it carolina riggin a watermellon seed lizard during pre-spawn. She was released at the weigh in, and hopefully hatched that big belly full of babies. She almost beat 2nd. place by herself. We had a shade over 18 pounds total.

8. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    My biggest bass ever was a 10lb 4oz bass caught ten twenty yrs ago on white oak lake in arkansas.

The pic ain't very good but it's all I got.

Attached Files:

• 1de.jpg
      1de.jpg
      File size:
      2.4 KB
      Views:
  9. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    4 pounds on a 4 inch zoom tube orange and green with black flakes. caught in a smaller pond that was dug for dirt when the highway was rebuilt.

10. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    about 6lbs caught on a carp fillet while fishing for catfish

11. catmandu1962

catmandu1962 New Member

State:
    missouri
    6 1/2 lb LMB caught 5/24/08. Using a black power worm w/red curly tail carolina rigged.

12. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    7 lb Largemouth last June 20 07. Actually a funny story behind it. Was bream fishing in a small private pond with some family. I wasn't having any luck and decided to throw out a pumpkinseed 4 inch a few times for bass, carolina rig. I didn't expect anything and was ready to leave. I was reeling slow and was watching a few others reel in a bream when all of a sudden I couldn't reel anymore. I thought I had hooked a stump on the bottom. I looked out and there, at the time, looked like a monster bass on my line with 10lb test and small worm on a crappie hook (because I didn't have any bass hooks with me at the time). Realizing this, I knew I didn't have the line strength for a big fight, nor the hook to handle it and definitely not a good enough tie job for this size fish. I reeled slow keeping the line tight. The fish never jumped and beached the bank without any fight at all. My friend ran over and grabbed the line. I looked at his hand and saw the end of the line and looked down and saw the hook still in the bass' mouth. :crazy: I dove into the water behind the fish and threw it up on the bank without even thinking twice.:smile2:

I'm still not convinced that crappy old weigher we had in the tackle box was accurate. I was convinced it was a 10lb fish. I measured the fish before taking it to the taxidermy and it measured exactly 24 inches. Anyone have a guesstimate of what a 24 inch Largemouth would weigh looking at that pic. Is it 7? I know I may get a lot of flack for having a 7lber mounted, but I figure I may never catch a bass even close to that size again.

Attached Files:

13. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    8lb 2oz post spawn female on Chartruse (sp?) splnner with Colorado blades.
    We were fishing in little bitty 2 man puddle jumper & she was strong enough to move the boat while secured by the stringer. Quite a fun day indeed!

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I got a 10lb 3oz Ba$$ back in 2005. Her little sister just happen to be there for the taking as well (6lb 6oz). (LoL)
    :wink:

15. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    My biggest small mouth was 7lbs my biggest large mouth was 10lbs 6 oz.
    For our area both of these giants. Both of them were released. I wanted someone else to have that thrill. The largemouth exploded out of the water onto my hula popper about a foot from me. I almost pee'd im my waders.

Richard

16. Deerhunter270

Deerhunter270 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I actually caught my biggest bass today.:crazy: I was fishing in a small pond in Florence and caught a largemouth around 5 lbs. I was texas rigging, using a 6in. bullfrog zoom trick worm

17. mrowe84

mrowe84 New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    5 1/2 lb on a 6" tequilla sunrise renegade

18. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    My biggest was probably in the 9lb range. Got a couple that were that big, one out the pond behind my house on a buzzbait and another one in a small municipal lake near my house on a spinnerbait.

19. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    my biggest largemouth was 8 1/2 lbs caught it 2 years ago on a wildlife management area in ky on a green scum frog by a weed bed. threw it back so id have a chance again some day. caught quite a few 6 lbers there also.

20. huls1

huls1 New Member

State:
    alabama
    14lbs 11oz on a 4 inck senko