Biggest Bass and Favorite Lure

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Catfishnz4me, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey yall i was just wondering what your biggest bass caught was and what is ur favorite lure... my biggest bass was 14lbs 2oz (got a replica made and released him) and the best lure is a plastic worm!! yall let me know!

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    my biggest bass was 9 lbs lure little 4 inch black plastic worm seems like i can catch em on that even when they dont bite nothin else

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Kevin,
    My Biggest Ba$$ was a 10.3 pounder that I got last year on a Green & White Senko last year.

Here's a photo of her and her younger sister. lol

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

Attached Files:

4. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    dont bass fish much anymore, but used to alot. biggest i ever succeeded in gettin in was 5#, but lost a few that would hit the 12-15# range. my favorite bait(if they still make em) is the 5 inch balsa wood bagley bang o lure topwater minnow.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My biggest was 6-lbs caught a floating rapala.

6. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    My biggest bass was a 6.4 lbs. smalli, was caught on a Black and yellow swirl Zoom horney toad.

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I've caught 4 between 7-7 3/4 lbs. Never could hit my goal of a 10lber.:0a15: Chasing big cats keeps me busy now.

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    My biggest bass was 10 pounds and I cought him on a black Arbogat jitterbug. Let him go too!

9. Crayzie

Crayzie New Member

State:
    Portsmouth, Ohio
    My biggest was a 22" largemouth from a farm pond..

My favorite lure would have to be something topwater, probably Jitterbug

10. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    bout 7 pounds,cought on a blue crankbait

11. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i bass fish a lot. more than any other fish. i have caught tons over 6lbs. but my biggest was a 8.7lber from a small lake(15acres) in the middle of this huge tract of land. i was using a 7" watermelon culprit worm with a black jig head.

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have caught hundreds of big bass 6 to 9 pounds. I have never seen a 10 pound bass or heard of a 10 pounder or bigger bass that wasn't from Florida California or Mexico, I know there may be so, I just don't see them.

I catch a couple dozen 6 or bigger here on lake Barkley or the Cumberland river ever year and maybe 5 bigger than 7 on a given year. I Favor no bait over others. I allow the fish to tell me what to use. I can tell you this. When I start fishing if I am catching a lot of bass under 3 pounds I switch bait. I also use really big baits. For example the last 22 inch bass I caught was on a frog that was 11 inches long that I cut 1 1/12 inch off of. Good luck.

13. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Little over 11 lbs on a Arkie jig and pork frog.

[​IMG]

14. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    8lb large mouth in a farm pond that was more like a mud puddle off a heddon's torpedo. Biggest bass to date.

Wheelmobile07

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Junior,

That's a nice one! :eek:oooh:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

16. IfishFORcatfish

IfishFORcatfish New Member

State:
    california
    12.5 pounds - cought on lol
    a skirt with a plastic crawfish hangin out

they love it

17. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    my biggest bass 9.4 pounds. Northern strain LMB. Missed the state record by about a pound. Caught on big mepps musky killer meant for pike
    [​IMG]

18. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    my biggest was a 12.7 lb'er caught out of Lake Acworth on a orange/black Rick Clunn Orion crank

19. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My biggest bass, caught in a retention pond in orlando, fl, was 20 inches long, 14 inches around and just under 5lbs. Caught on a yellow wacky worm. My favorite bait though is for the stream, either a yum crawbug or curltail grub.

20. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well my biggest bass was caught the same day I caught my previous biggest bass. I caught one that was 10.3 and then 15min. later one that was 10.7. Both were caught on drifted shad. We caught a little over 20 bass in 2 hours and the biggest was just over 12. We would pull up to a school of 4" shad, throw a hook and snag one and let it drift out of the school, EXPLOSIVE technique!

As far as lures go. I love a Super Fluke or a 3x Strke king. But the biggest fish artificial has boated for me was 4.3lb.