Bigfoot

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by treddinwater, May 8, 2006.

1. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    What does everybody think? Is it real or fake? Ever experienced him while fishing? Haha, sorry but I just got done watching some weird Bigfoot show on TV and I'm bored, so ya know how it goes.

2. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    actually i believe he is real, he is a wrastler on wwe, right?:big_smile:

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Many scientist are believing that there may be something to all the sightings. I believe the paterson footage is not a hoaks and many scientist think bigfoot may be a desendend of a large prehistoric ape called Gigantopithecus. It is hard to rule out the existance of such an elusive creature with all the credible sightings and pictures and some video as well. Everyone says to prove that it exists, I say prove that it does not.

www.bfro.net/REF/THEORIES/MJM/whatrtha.asp

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am of the same school of thought of Copycat, I want to believe it is true. Really just to shove it in the faces of those who are so adament they do not.
    I enjoy following the sightings an stories on the BFRO website, Im a regular there who enjoys erie stories and the such dealing with the outdoors.

Lets face it we all have fishing friends who closely resemble the missing link ( Mellon, for example) so its really not that big of stretch.

While i have no real experiences with seeing this elusive creature, I for one would love to become the few that claims to have seen one!
    There is no question that there is enough wild spaces in this country to harbor several dozen. Take the grizzly bear, if it wasnt for folks figuring out where they lived and there patterns, how many folks do you know who have actually seen one in real setting? And there are 10,000 of them on this continent. Subtract Yellowstone and Glacier and the sightings are extremely rare. Try the Polar Bear as another example.Food for thought, thats all.......
    I hope 1 day to be able to say, I told you so....:tounge_out:

Salmonid ( Closet Bigfoot Hugger)

5. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I would have to say that I'm torn on the issue, I do believe that there is plenty of uncharted land still yet to be explored on this continent where something like bigfoot could live. But there hasen't been a body yet, I mean, with all the sightings, nobody's shot one or anything yet? It would be kinda cool though if there really is such a beast.

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Mellon huh? Hmmmm.....

7. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I checked out the BFRO site and I'm looking at the number of sightings for Indiana and I am very surprised, I've never heard of one in the news or anything. Cool site, thanks for sharing.

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Many sightings by many credible people. Think about it, a very intelligent, mostly nocturnal creature that are said to travel great distances. Smart enough to avoid people, smarter than a bear or deer, etc. And when hunters claim to have encountered them they were reluctant to shoot because they were unable to identify it and not rule out it possibly being human. Buy the way I don't think people find bears dead in the wild either.

9. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Big foot is a hoax. Many of the sightings have been admitted hoaxes. Even the guys who shot some of the original footage have admitted to setting it all up. there's a documentary on it.

Let's say for a second that it is not a hoax, that there really is such thing as big foot. I can assure you of one thing it is NOT the missing link.

Eric

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey, i'm not a fan of Darwin either! Perhaps Bigfoot is just another of Gods creatures. Scientists that have studied the Patterson footage have shown that it is not a "man in a monkey suit".

11. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have some Big Feet.... All joking aside, there are lots of unexplained things that go on all the time. Take the Coelecanth a long thought extinict species of lobe finned fish from the time of the dinosaurs, was found in the late 20's early 30's in a fish market in South Africa. So the possibility is there, the ones that are far fetched are the Jersy Devil and Mothman. I have checked out some Cryptozoology sites on the net and found some neat stuff that could be "PLAUSIBLE" and some stuff that would get "BUSTED" to quote my personal heros the MYTHBUSTERS. Ok off of my soapbox.... Bye!

Aaron

TA2D

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    POSSIBLE?????
    Why heck I just saw one working at a conveiniant store with Elvis the other day. They also hired one as a cook at Denny's over in Evansville, LMAO!!!

Get A Grip People!!!!

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    The guy from dayton had pictures of the tracks in dayton even though he

s
    aid they were turtles. coinscidince i dooon't thiiiink sooo. lmao

cat:0a23: ch ya later

14. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey JW, Just look at this artist's rendition of what he saw!!!!

Attached Files:

15. Kentucky Boy

Kentucky Boy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds interesting. I do not believe its a missing link, I think the only link is God, but I don't have a problem believing that it could exist. Maybe its not as big or doesn't look exactly like the descriptions, but if I saw something that I had never seen before I might not remember it exactly right either. I do hunt and fish often though, and if I ever happen to see the elusive "bigfoot" I will simply add him to my trophy room, but as for getting all crazy about it, its just another animal...if it does exitst. I try to keep an open mind, but if I had one standing stuffed in my house I would be much more convinced that they are around. Maybe someday.

16. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I beleieve the son of the man or another relative of patterson admitted the film was a hoax before or right after he died, heck he may of admitted it himself. I may be thinking of the wrong film though.

17. claycntyjoe

claycntyjoe New Member

State:
    Northern Kentucky
    To many sightings for it to be impossible.

Only time will tell.

18. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    alot of rorest out their and alot of thangs have not even been found yet.their are many places to hide.

19. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    When someone comes up with some real evidence, I'll believe it. I believe some people are seing something, but it's not a so-called bigfoot.

20. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I thought I seen him one night for sure then I relised it was just Dh out wondering around in the woods again, lol. :lol: