BIGCAT, DAIWA ELIMINATOR, OR CATFISH CONNECTOR?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by shadsides, Feb 21, 2008.

1. shadsides

shadsides New Member

State:
    kansas
    LOOKING TO GET 2 NEW RODS 1 SPIN 1 CASTING. MY REELS ARE ABU 7000C3 AND OKUMA AVENGER 80. I BANK FISH ON THE NEOSHO RIVER USUALLY BELOW DAMS IN FAIRLY SWIFT WATER. I HAVE NOT SEEN THE CONNECTOR (ONLY ON CATFISH CONNECTION .COM) THE DAIWA IS ON CLEARENCE FOR $25 IN 11' SPIN 40 40# LINE AND I HEAR GOOD THINS ABOUT THE BIGCAT.
    PLEASE HELP INFORM ME THESE ARE MY FIRST HEAVY DUTY CAT RIGS (FLAT,BLUE AND MISSISSPPI WHITES) IF I COULD DOUBLE THE SPIN AS A SPOONBILL RIG THAT WOULD BE GREAT

2. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    The Daiwa sounds like a good deal. never used that rod, but they apparently make good stuff...

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC from Alton, IL.
    You have a couple of very nice reels in need of nice rods. I also only bank fish in the Mississippi below and around the dam here in Alton. The current is strong and I need distance on my cast. It seems you will be fishing basically the same style. I would recommend looking for 12' rods and be sure you pay attention to the lure weight on the rod. I would shy away from rods that do not list the rating on the blank. I would look for something in the 4 to 10oz rating. I assume you will probably need to cast 4 to 6oz weights and bait, so the rods need some backbone especially when you are trying to reel in a 30lb blue against he current. Good luck.