Big Wager here

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    how about this for a bet? i dislike bush much, but i am no Jr fan either. this could be a fun bet if budweiser takes it. i personally think bush will beat junior this year.

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/02/17/miller.vs.budweiser/index.html

Miller's chief marketing officer Tom Long on Friday sent a letter to Anheuser-Busch vice president of brand management Marlene Coulis, betting the beer-market leader that Miller Lite driver Kurt Busch will finish ahead of Budweiser driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the final 2006 Nextel Cup Series point standings.

The terms of the friendly wager: The losing sponsor must change the paint scheme on its car to match the winning brand's car for one Nextel Cup Series points-paying race next year.

2. FRANK

FRANK New Member

State:
    Welland,Ontario,Canada
    That is GREAT!
    This is going to make the whole NASCAR season that much better, I am going to put my money on Dale Jr. to finish ahead of Busch only because I really don't think Kurt Busch fits the persona for the Miller ride.

Thats just my opinion of course :) ;)

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I bet that wager will never fly under, over , or around NASCAR approval.

In Mike Helton words.
    A wager of this magnitude to be fought out between two drivers who drive in a non redneck non southern grown series would take away too much from our ultimate goal of making all the money we possibly can on this sham of a points system we have put into place.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    LOL...could be mark:)

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    it would be funny to see bush driving a car with the 8's colors.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    No. It would be funny to see them race.
    Everything you hear these drivers say today is coached.
    The old days , it was the real man in fronty of the TV that could be mad or say what was on his mind without vivid language. I love rough and brash from the gladiators of a sport.
    Money! The root of all evil.

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I agree with Mark but it still would be cool to see! I am not a bud man or a Earnhart fan.
    GO MARK MARTIN!
    Bill