Big Vic Rod Holders!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by TOPS, Mar 10, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Posted for Vic. Vic Post the info in another post for the members.

Attached Files:

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks Top !! Had some slack time the other day and made me some rod holders. The plan is to bolt the pvc pipe cap to the boat. Glue a short piece of pipe into the 45 angeld piece,I have the pipe and cap drilled so I can pin it in place. This way they can be removed when needed only thing left will be the cap,and they wont fill with rain water because they have the drilled holes. I can add pipe if a different height is needed. Going to put something like this in the jon boat I'm rigging up to.
    What ya think ?

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice design, when i made those for the toon they seem to flex a little too much & i thought they were gonna break, so i didnt cut the top tube down any, just left it solid

4. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I did use the thicker/heavier pvc and also was afraid that I couldn't get the rod out of the holder fast enough if I didnt cut it. Had another brain storm to if it looks like it will be to week .I will put a metal hose clamp around it that would add some strength to it. Hopefuly my reel drags will be set so I dont break my holders !!:smile2:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Vic Thanks for sharing your idea. I like the fact that you can extened the vertical on your design and remove when not needed. That pipe looks like schedule 40. (Strong)

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Great job Vic. That Jon boat is getting closer to be ready for the water! Great idea for the rod holders. Can't wait to help ya give it a try!! LOL!:wink:

7. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Getting closer Mark Live wells for bait and fish next !! :smile2:

8. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    if you want any ideas for a bait well let me know i will give some ideas of what we use and it is cheap to build:wink:

9. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Looking good vic. Thats the first PVC holders I've seen. I'll have to try and make some. Thanks!

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Good looking holders.

Good idea Big Vic...

11. newestcathunter

newestcathunter New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks for the great idea vic. I just bought my boat and am looking to build a bait well. Would appreciate any idea's anyone has on them.

Thanks all

12. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Not real sure yet but may just go with coolers. That way I can remove them and also sit on them. But just not 100% sure yet ! :smile2:

13. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    we make them out of coolers...the best ones are the ones you find for free:tounge_out: put a bilge pump in it and a hose to circulate.. i will post some pics of one.. i use it to go get bait.. brain stormed an idea put a plug on it that you'd use for trailer lights and plug it into the the hook up on my truck.. but like i said i will post some pics this week so you can have some ideas:wink:

14. catfishlarryiowa

catfishlarryiowa New Member

State:
    Iowa
    great idea with the trailer plug thanks.