Big thanks to Doughboy!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by jerryb, Aug 4, 2008.

1. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just wanted to thank Doughboy publicly for taking the time to hit the lake with me this past weekend... I had a great time and learned a lot... even did a little (just a couple of hours) of flathead huntin' (was pretty neat watchin' that bluegill tryin' to swim off with that katbobber!!)

Some highlights:
    - Surprise birthday parties can be a real surprise.
    - I need to read the instruction booklet that came with my scales.
    - Cat's will swim right by gill head and hit goldfish head. Twice. (to his credit, DB gave me the 'gill cuz he thought that the cats would go after it).
    - Bluegills will swim right by my wax worm and hit DB's. Or probably anyone else's.
    - We should have gone flattie huntin' when DB first brought it up, but he let me talk him into keep drifting for channels.
    - Mrs. DB makes some kick-butt BBQ beef sammies!
    - I have proven, without a shadow of a doubt, that fish hate me. DB couldn't believe it, not until he caught six channels who swam right by my bait to get to his. Before you ask - same bait, same rig, and about 10 to 15 feet apart. Once or twice, I can believe. But six times? In a row?

Bottom line is, that even though I didn't come away from the lake with any fish, I did come away with some learning, some good times, and some good memories.

Thanks again, DB!

2. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    all of the above is exactly what makes the BOC the special place that it is. Congrats on the trip

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    great post jerry, and a funny one at that.. congrats on the trip... also.. I haven't forgot about you buddy.. hopefully we will make it out soon.... rollo

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Who prepared the bait? I bet Mrs Jerry has that perfumed soap and you smelled to good lol!

Sounds fishy doesn't it? :wink:

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    sometimes its not about the fish,but the friendships and learning we all get.

7. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I thought about that, but we both did the bait and I know I didn't take a shower that day (I'm betting DB was pretty aware of it, too!)...

I honestly don't have a clue as to why they blew past me and got to DB's, but he has a theory...

I have bad mojo.

8. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just tell me when and where... I'll be there... :cool2:

9. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    True dat...

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Remember when I shook your hand at the breakfast meet? I rubbed it off on you :smile2::tounge_out: (the mojo guys:smile2:)

11. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hmmm.... How you been doing this year?

That could explain it... heh heh heh

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Havnt been out alot, took the kids out last week but that was mainly for them to catch some gills which they did, Ill probably head out there this weekend if I feel any better dont know what hit me but I feel like crap

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    If it makes you feel any better you look like crap too!

Just kidding!:wink:

14. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Jerry it was my honorto have you out with me. I just wish I could have gotten you on a nice fish. I dont know what else I could have done but to take my poles out of the water. But anytime you want to try it again I am willing to go. But next time we will go see this witch doctor I have heard about and get that mojo of yours fixed
    :big_smile::wink:

15. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't think you taking your poles out would have done anything but made sure we didn't get nuthin' at all... at least this way, we did get some fish!

As long as that witch doctor isn't a proctologist, I'm up for trying anything...
    :smile2:

16. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Brother, I feel your pain. The Mrs. and I share the same experience, one day she will catch 4 in the morning and 2 at night and ME zero. The next day just the opposite. We don't understand it but all fish that we keep go to the same frying pan and the same table so its ok with us, but frustrating. We always have fun and sharing time, enjoying the weather, scenery and wildlife which all makes the pain a little less. Now the ribbing I get once we get back to camp is another thing.
    eyeguy

17. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    To his credit, DB didn't give me any grief at all.. he was actually workin' pretty hard on trying to figure out what was going on, too...

I've used some of the stuff I learned out there with him, and by golly I've already bumped up my catch to double my PB this year... yup - got two (TWO!) in one trip.... woo hoo!!

Going to the Muskingum today/tonite to see what happens there... my luck my be different on the big water... :smile2:

18. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio