Big Thanks goes out to you

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Jun 28, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I want to say thanks to all those that sent messages while we were gone to Alaska. I never thought I'd be missed, sure makes a guy feel good to find email and all the messages asking about why I wasn't posting. The folks on BOC can't be beat!

We had a great trip, flew to Seattle, spent a few days seeing the local sights and northwest WA. Then on to Juneau, AK for a 7 day stern wheeler cruse of Alaska's inside passage. The small boats can go places the floating hotels never see. Alaska is awesome!

Attached Files:

2. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Glad you had a good time.Your pic looks like a scene out of 'Northern Exposure'

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I smell a new avatar! LOL!

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Glad everything A-O.K.and that you had great trip.peewee-williams

5. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I bet you had some tasty salmon there! Welcome back!:big_smile:

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    welcome back, Dayton! we missed you buddy :smile2:

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Sure glad to see your ok Dayton. Now I do have to ask you did you by chance take a fishing trip for salmon? That is some of the finest fishing in the world there. Please post more pics I know I would love to see more. Glad to have you back missed your posts.

8. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    So glad that you enjoyed your stay in Alaska. The picture is great! The mountain in the back looks like a few in Colorado. Looks wonderful!!
    Thank you for posting.

9. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Gad to have you back. I thought maybe you went barndoor fishing (halibut) Nice picture. Now what about the bears.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome back,we've missed your posts!!!

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Great Dayton, glad you had a good time there. It's good to have you back my friend, you were missed!

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice pic brother, thanks for sharing.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Welcome home! Thanks for teasing us with ONE picture! We are awaiting more and comments to go along with them. Now that you are back, I can stop posting and read a while!

Take care.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Give me time. :wink:

We ate Salmon several times.. we liked the smoked best. We ate seafood every day.. couldn't believe the size of the Snow Crab Legs.. they were half as big as my arm.. you spent time eating not digging for a few crumbs like the ones at Red Lobster.

No, didn't fish any.. just eat. Didn't have any spare time the full time was planned out with the boat people. They kept us busy. Would be nice to go back and just fish. I'll post some pics later.

Some of the mountains reminded me of Colorado. We took a train ride similar to the one at Durango, CO. But this one was much more scenic although the mountains were only 3,200ft compared to the CO mountains that are 13,000 and better. One of the highway bridges is built over a fault.. it suppose to be earthquake proof.

Bears... :eek:oooh:

Only saw these two Brown Bears :angry:

and one bear in town. :roll_eyes:

One day they transfered us to a catamaran, a couple of the crew members were fishing on our boat when we left. That afternoon when we came back they were holding up a halibut that weighted 45 lbs. It looked like a door.

Again.. THANKS TO ALL

Attached Files:

15. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Arlington the bears only eat you if you move or smell like fish or food! We need to go there and salmon fish just don't try to take the fish away and always remember that they tell you you can't out run a bear but you don't have to you just got to out run the person your fishing with:big_smile_2:

16. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Very nice that is real country did you get the buse drivers name

17. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Dayton glad you had a good time, and to have you back.

18. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Glad you had a good trip. We were worried about you. Welcome back. You didn't bring back a bear for John did you?

19. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Dayton,glad to see you back and it sounds like you had a great time.