Big Stinger

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by FATFLATTIE, Aug 5, 2007.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    My buddy McLean caught this a while back and I just wanted to post this picture cause I think it's a pretty good pic.

Attached Files:

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Thats a cool looking ray. Was he fishing for them, or was it caught by accident?:0a28::0a23:

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    He wasn't fishing for them, it's just one of the great things about surf fishing. You can catch anything on anything. That same guy has hooked two 100+lb tarpon in the surf. One of them hit two huge mullet and the other took a sand flea about the size of your thumb nail. Surf fishing is about the only type of saltwater fishing I really, really like b/c it's almost like catfishing. Every time you get a hit you never know what it is or how big it's going to be.

4. skiff_2

skiff_2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Check this out. I believe it is in south east asia you find these freshwater monsters.

Attached Files:

5. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    Get stung by that one! :crazy:

6. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    at sandbridgepier in virginia beach i caught about 4 in the 25 pound range but two people had 300 pound rays on but they couldnt ever fit in the net the one had a 5 foot wingspan

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    catch a lot of them in port oconnor texas.they are excelant eating.

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, they are actually pretty good to eat. I've had them a couple of times and it was pretty good. Just marinated them and grilled em. I just don't like that big piece of cartilage that runs right through the center of the meat.

9. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I'll believe I'll stick to eating catfish. We don't catch many of the other here in the TX Panhandle and I'm glad.
    Bill

10. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    They are so good eating that the crooked sea food vendors are punching rounds out of them and selling them for sea scallops.

11. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    yeah i caught 4 and didnt even think of eaten em. but one of the guys that was hooked in with a 300 pounder on was gonna eat it. probally should of tried to eat the last on i caught it had like a 10/0 circle deep in his throat and was bleeding out his gills pretty bad .dought he lasted 10 more mins in the ocean but .then i think of how he broke 2 feet off the end of my surf rod 3 days after the warrenty was up and he probally deserved to die:angry:

12. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Bet it was on hell of a fight. Ever eatin scallopes from Red lobster? Thats all they are. Cookie cutter and skate wing:wink:. Tastes the same as scallopes

13. sharkn1979

sharkn1979 New Member

State:
    georgia
    you can get those here in southeast georgia i have gotten eight over five hundred pound while shark fishing