Big Sioux

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by BigSiouxAngler, Jul 15, 2009.

1. BigSiouxAngler

BigSiouxAngler New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Anybody got any whoppers out of the Sioux yet this year?

2. mr.snag

mr.snag New Member

State:
    IA
    A buddy of mine was just at the little sioux river last weekend . He caught a lot of fish i guess nothing big but said a guy across from him hooked into a 20lb channel . Haven't heard much about Big Sioux yet but we are heading up there in a couple weeks.

3. BigSiouxAngler

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah the best channel we have got up here was by the Rock River tributary was a good 10lbs. Other than that there is about a 2-3 pound average right now on livebait.

4. mudd

mudd New Member

State:
    iowa
    you need to get a little further south(westfield)area and the fish get bigger.deeper water than what the rock and big sioux have near hawarden.

5. BigSiouxAngler

State:
    Iowa
    I usually make it down between the Westfield and Jefferson bridges quite a bit but my time has been pretty limited this year and the powertrim is out on my boat right now..but Thanks for the suggestion...I apperciate it.

6. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    At the begginging of the year my buddie got a 48lb. flat ona 6in creek chub live

7. NWIowa

NWIowa New Member

State:
    Iowa

So there's public access right there where the Rock and the Bix Sioux meet? I've just moved to the area and I have only seen that spot from satellite image so far.

I fish the Rock River farther up north at the Rock Rapids Dam. Haven't caught any cat there yet but I haven't really fished for them yet either. I have pulled some bass out of there and a northern or two.

I'm about an hour away from where the Rock and the Big Sioux meet so I can't get there all that often but I'm heading farther north this coming Monday to the Klondike Mill Dam. I know it's deeper farther south but I have two little ones and I usually can't get away for more than a few hours and I don't like to spend half the time driving.

8. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    my biggest out of big sioux is 15# blue,have caught lots but nothing huge