Big Sandy trip

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Nobody Special, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    My wife and went to Big Sandy on Ky. Lake this morning. We found a good spot and caught 5 in about 5 minutes. I looked over at a boat near us said "look, there are two game warden boats checking licenses." Then my wife says "Gee, I forgot to get my new license this year."

We threw down the poles and headed to the marina as fast as we could and got her a license. One of the TWRA boats pulled in behind us at the marina but didn't say anything. We got her license and went back out, but the fishing had slowed down by then. We stayed until about noon and ended up with 13 big ones.

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I got mine the other day, wife has'nt got hers yet. guess she needs to go get them before something like that happens to us. We would'nt be that lucky.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Glad you made it to get her legal before they got you.
    Were the fish shallow?
    i rigged my small boat up today for side trolling . So I can side troll, Troll crank baits, Or fish standard jig, Or Ky rig out of it. The big boat is for spider rigging and all around fun..
    Pete

4. Nobody Special

State:
    TN
    Most of them were around 12' deep. The ones that had eggs were nowhere near ready to spawn. It should keep getting better during the next several weeks.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I hope to make 2 day trip up there and fish in about 2 weeks if we can find a Wed& Thur that the wind will allow us to fish.
    Pete

6. Nobody Special

State:
    TN
    I would be fishing every day for the next month if it wasn't for the wind. About 10 mph is all you can stand at Big Sandy unless you get in one of the smaller bays. You can't go by the weather reports either. They are hardly ever accurate.