Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
John, there may be some one with me.:wink: But that fruit is bad luck.:smile2:
Ken, watch old john when it comes to extra friends he acts a little weird.:eek:oooh: Yes John I'll bring the 12 year old.

Nah, Its Good Karma. A little weird??? Nah, thats me all the time.:roll_eyes::0010:
It'll be nice to finally meet the 12 year old. I've heard a lot but never have met.:wink::smile2:
BTW,
We need to go back to that 1 spot and get that rope, that way If I decide to go noodling and get in trouble you can pull me back in.:eek:oooh::confused2::roll_eyes:
Since you're also an EMT, If I bring the needle and thread can you sew my fingers back on in case I grab something other than a catfish???:crazy::smile2:

According to the Almanac the Best Fishing Days are upon us:
# August 1-16
# August 30-September 15
# September 29-October 14
# October 28-November 13
# November 27-December 12
# December 27-31

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Danny
Glad ya gave me the heads up on John and his buddies.:wink:everyone needs some buddies. When I get to meet him I'll keep an eye out for them.:crazy:
John
Is that rope for when you go noodleing or just in case you fall in again.:smile2::0a20:

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Danny
Glad ya gave me the heads up on John and his buddies.:wink:everyone needs some buddies. When I get to meet him I'll keep an eye out for them.:crazy:
John
Is that rope for when you go noodleing or just in case you fall in again.:smile2::0a20:

Either one, It just depends If I feel like going swimming...Or falling...:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Well John I hope you catch a kat BIG enough that ya use the rope to tie yoself to a tree to keep from getting pulled in:big_smile: that would take care of skunks hexes that you been dealing with:smile2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Sat. Morning:big_smile: I have had a :crazy: week this week and it's time to go Kattin.
CABIN FEVER is about to get a hold of this old worn out hillbilly :confused2: I'm heading down the river this evening.
I took my grand son to the pond last evening BTW he is 2 today saw him reel in his 1st blue gill . Kids just love watching a bobber bounce . He's just getting to where I can understand what he's saying . but when he saw that bobber start to bounce it was no problem knowing he was enjoying his 1st fishing trip.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Danny,
Have any luck with the traps or shad or have you checked yet?
We gonna go get the Gills or are you gonna have any time?
BTW,
I'm starting a new thread for tonights trip. It'll be up soon...:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I was wondering if any of my fellow Ky Catters fish the Big Sandy? If so, do you have a problem catching as many turtles as cats? Also catch alot of hybrid and Ky bass. I love river fishing, You never know what might take the bait!!!
I haven't fish there, but I'll try it sometime with a fisahing buddy.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Just got home from an early morning trip to the Big Sandy:big_smile: Caught 2 channel cats 1- 3# 1- 4 1/2 # Hooked in to 1 more:big_smile: Well the big ones always get away. Saw him just before he went under that log, looked like he might have been 6 or 8 # but he was a flathead:wink::smile2: caught him on a 4or5 " bluegill. caught a sucker about 10" he's going to be cut bait for my next trip I figure.:0a23:Thought I'd forgotten how to catch fish, but I guess it is like riding a bicycle. Once ya learn ya never forget.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Its good to hear the fish are finally starting to bite. Did you catch them on livers? Hopefully they are starting to bite up this way. Its getting old not catching any...:confused2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Its good to hear the fish are finally starting to bite. Did you catch them on livers? Hopefully they are starting to bite up this way. Its getting old not catching any...:confused2:
Caught 1 on liver and 1 on home made bait. left home about 4 this morning and just got back a few mins. ago

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Caught 1 on liver and 1 on home made bait. left home about 4 this morning and just got back a few mins. ago
Thats some great news! I'm working on trying to go somewhere today or tonight. Hopefully Danny can get away today or tonight and do some fishing!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I think the rain we got has helped the fishing Paint Creek was murky to muddy and the river was almost clear, They were biting on the edge of clear and mud.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Did the channels go to your pond,skillet or back in the river ?
Just turned them back to the river. took the lazy way out. I just fish for the enjoyment of nature and being in the great outdoors, I don't remember ever having a bad fishing trip regardless of whether I caught a boat load or none at all I always enjoy it.:wink::smile2::big_smile:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I always have a good time too. ! We had the neighbors over for supper and had 19 bluegills 2 bass 1 catfish and that was half or more of my winter stash ! But it was a blessing for me I took there son fishing earlier this year . His first trip ever at 8 yrs old. Nothing beats baiting hooks and cleaning a few fish for my and other younguns' I bet it was one of little michaels highlights of the summer. Next weekend is at the father in laws pond I guess I can restock the freezer there ! I HOPE lol ! :big_smile:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
That youngen will remember that trip probably as long as he lives.:wink::smile2: A person never goes wrong taking kids fishing. There has been some long lasting memories made on the creek bank or boat in a fishing trip:wink::smile2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if any of my fellow Ky Catters fish the Big Sandy? If so, do you have a problem catching as many turtles as cats? Also catch alot of hybrid and Ky bass. I love river fishing, You never know what might take the bait!!!
1 turtle I fish in paintsville up from water plant about 3 miles

61 - 78 of 78 Posts