Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
My way of thinking is, Danny and John are going to be the "host" if you will. Seeing how this is their neck of the woods, I nominate them to come up w/time, date and place. Maybe you guys can fill me in on this mafia thing once we are in the privacy of the river bank. Wait, don't the mafia tie cement blocks to people and through them in the river? I may have to re-think this whole thing..............................................

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Well the Dr. I went to today was a comp. Dr need I say more. He said he was recommending to my family Dr. some meds for inflamation and shocker for the pain and that I return to light duty work. He did say there wasn't any operation to cure it. Guess thenurse that comp sent with me had a lot to do with his recommendation. I knew before I went that it was a usless trip. Comp doesn't care.
Enough of the pity part Ken!!!!!
Hoppe all well wih everyone this evening:big_smile:
My son told me the birthday party was going to be Sat. evening.

#$^&( can't any thing go right today?

I agree with Doubleg John and Danny are the host so they can set the date and time .

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
This week end is out. My wife told me I have party I have to go to. I have two guys going on vacation and may end up working. No fishing Friday for sure. I'll talk to John and we well get a date up so that we can see if everyone can be there. Ken just to let you know that a buddy of mine just had a 35 fish night the biggest was a 15lbs. channel on the Sandy at the old lock and dam. Here are some pics of the place where I fish and what you have to watch out for.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Danny
That sure is a nice looking fishing hole and tug boat. Do the tugs run through there regular :smile2:
Hate to hear you may have to work this week end :sad2:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yes tugs go threw all the time. It something you have to put up with. They try to stay in the channel.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Yes tugs go threw all the time. It something you have to put up with. They try to stay in the channel.
If they don't stay in the Channel and its your first time there, Its funny as he!! :embarassed::wink::smile2:
I was used to fishing the Big Ohio and hadn't fished the Sandy since I was a young Teen. Its a lot different I learned real quick!!!:smile2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have only fished around them one time over in the Elk river in W. Va.
It was a different experience and I don't mean in a bad way. Just after the tug went bye fish bit like crazy for about an hour. Tug may not have had anything to do with it but it sure seamed as though it did. Mostly5 to 8# channels and blues but boy was it fun.
Ken

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
when barges go up and down the cumberland you can bet the fish start biting !:wink: If it happened just once I wouldn't have thouhgt about it but my cousin said watch this :smile2: and the cats started biting . This happens fairly regular when fishing down Pickneyville . The fishing hasn't been as good ever since the asian carp invasion though:sad2:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The reason I think the fish bite after a tug is that it moves your bait around. But they will suck your bait off the bottom.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
It could be that Danny.:smile2: I kinda Figured it disturbed every thing on the bottom up sort of like a big chum bucket ya know.

Danny I'm thinking of ditching most of the birthday party Sat. evening I'm needing some river time some where- any where. Just need to get away for a while ya no.:wink::0a23:
The tugs will have a time pulling my bait off the bottom farther than my leader I made some 8 oz.sinkers today. after I made the molds .

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Ken, we will be fishing Sat. Your more than welcome to be there call me saturday and we well set a meeting place and time. We have all the bait unless you have a secret bait you would like to use. What river should we fish?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
If you fish one end of town you at the Ohio the other end of town you on the Sandy in the middle you have both. I'm getting up early in the morning to get some shad with my cast net. Setting the minnor traps this eve. Hoping to get some big creek chubs. We fish for bluegill and warmmouth. We need to get the Vodoo curse off John and he may get a Catfish.:smile2: It going to be a all nighter so John has pletty of time to fall in the river. And if no fish we will steal have a good time.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Danny I fished with a guy a few years back that was always falling in the water. If we fished where there was current He would always fish up stream from me, I ask him once why he always took the upstream position. He said since he was bad about falling in he figured I'd have a better chance of pulling him out if he got swept down stream:0a20::big_smile: I'm up for some fun and a good time any time I'm out. Fish biting is always a big + but they don't always participate :wink: ya no what I mean I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
John, likes the water so much that I think he trying to become a catfish. :smile2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Hum!!!!
that,s interesting.:smile2: I read a post that said he was a great cat fisherman, maybe he thinks like one enough he understands what they want better than the average fisherman:big_smile: ya think

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
John, likes the water so much that I think he trying to become a catfish. :smile2:
:smile2::smile2::smile2:...Thats a good one. I've only been in the water twice this year out of several trips.:roll_eyes::smile2:
Remember before I broke my back who had the biggest catfish when we were all fishing together??? I'll refresh your memory, It was my 7 and a half pound Channel.:crazy::roll_eyes::tounge_out::wink::smile2:

I do need to get this curse off though, its killing me not to catch any cats!:confused2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I've heard that to catch fish ya have to think like one swimming is a good start:big_smile:

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
I've heard that to catch fish ya have to think like one swimming is a good start:big_smile:
Thats right Ken. You gotta get into their heads and be one with them. Swimming with them doesn't hurt either...:roll_eyes::eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Hey Danny,
You Inviting the Captain or Elijah to come? They'd make for some good company on an all nighter...:crazy::eek:oooh::wink::smile2:
I may bring Sammy If I can find him....:roll_eyes::smile2:
All of us together would sure make a he!! of a night whether we catch any fish or not. He!!, I'm liable to jump in and try noodling if their not biting.:crazy::smile2:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
John, there may be some one with me.:wink: But that fruit is bad luck.:smile2:
Ken, watch old john when it comes to extra friends he acts a little weird.:eek:oooh: Yes John I'll bring the 12 year old.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts