Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I'm sure there is some BIG flattes in it. my X father-in-law told me about one that almost drown him while he was noodleing 1 time. The rascal never would tell me what hole it was he got that 54#er out of though. He did say it just did fit in a no.3 wash tub.:sad2: That was 35 yrs. or so that he got that one so you know there are more in there by now. When we all get together for the big trip you think they might call us the river rat pack?

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
John, Chief, How did you do Friday at Dewey? Did you camp? The wife and I usually camp there a couple of times a month as long as time will allow.

We just stayed till midnight or a little after. Didn't do any good at all. I'd like to find out some info about that lake like where to catch some cats.:wink:
We thought we were in a good place but it wasn't that night.
About the Copperhead, Me and Danny's Nephew Adam were fishing down on a point of rocks and Danny was fishing above us more in the cove. We heard a girl scream then realized it was just Danny running down toward us saying a Copperhead had just went under his chair.:crazy::roll_eyes::tounge_out::smile2:
I went up there and stood guard so he could get his stuff, I never saw it, still not sure if there was one or if he just wanted company...:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
John, I think Dewey is pretty tough fishing for cats, especially with rod and reel. I know a few decent spots, but you have to boat in to them. There is a couple of goto spots for trotlining but bank fishing is really hard. The water is so clear and weeds so bad all fishing is off. Pretty hot early this spring though.

Danny, Don't feel bad, I totally understand the screaming like a girl part!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
What kind of boat ya getting John? I'm wanting a new one but I think it will be next year. The old converted runabout is just not the boat I want to put in a river . Cheaper to buy a new boat to fit the motor than to buy a motor to fit the boat.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
What kind of boat ya getting John? I'm wanting a new one but I think it will be next year. The old converted runabout is just not the boat I want to put in a river . Cheaper to buy a new boat to fit the motor than to buy a motor to fit the boat.
To be honest, not sure. I just know I got a heck of a deal on it. Its only a 12'er with a 9.5 Evinrude on it. It'll be perfect for the Big Sandy and some parts of the Ohio. I haven't seen it yet. When it gets here will be the first time I'll see it. As long as it floats and gets me there and back it'll be well worth it! When I get it, I'll have to mount a couple rod holders, trolling motor and depth finder. The deal I got on it I won't be able to complain one bit.:wink::smile2:

·
Registered
713 Posts
I would like to join you fellows if a trip is planed to some area where there is plenty of room.Haven't been fishing for about a month,taking care of garden,canning and picking blackberries.
Jake

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
To be honest, not sure. I just know I got a heck of a deal on it. Its only a 12'er with a 9.5 Evinrude on it. It'll be perfect for the Big Sandy and some parts of the Ohio. I haven't seen it yet. When it gets here will be the first time I'll see it. As long as it floats and gets me there and back it'll be well worth it! When I get it, I'll have to mount a couple rod holders, trolling motor and depth finder. The deal I got on it I won't be able to complain one bit.:wink::smile2:

Heck John, sounds like someone gave you the darn thing.:smile2:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
O.K. Lets set a date, location and time. I'm off on the weekends. We need a time for the River rat pack to meet.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hey Jack. Your welcome to come down anytime to fish. Give me a call and heck I'll come and get you. I know some spots where we can pull right on the water. Hope your back is filling better. And I know not fishing is about to kill you.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Sounds Like the MAFIA is getting bigger all the time!:smile2: Hope you guys do well . I have kid obligations and live to far away but maybe sometime . Look out al capone there is a new mafia in town see ! lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
My grandson is having a birthday party some time this weekend. Not sure if it will be Sat. or Sun. when I find out I let ya know.

Jack that sure is a nice cat U got in that pic sure would like to hook in to some like that

John
It sounds like you might have got your boat on E-Bay? Sure bet you're excited . When is it suppose to get here?

Ken

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
O.K. Lets set a date, location and time. I'm off on the weekends. We need a time for the River rat pack to meet.
I'll have to check my schedule. You know I'm so busy and all...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

Ken,
Not E-Bay, but a better place and a better deal. Hopefully she'll arrive on Saturday before we go pull our all nighter on the Big Sandy.

Jake,
That'd be great for you to come up. We still need to go hit the dam soon. I'm ready to go just about anytime. I can't wait to hook into some of those cats down there!!! Also try to get some Skippies stocked up also.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
To all you Eastern Ky. Hillbillies, Any weekend just name a place and time.
If any one would like to fish my area just let me know.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
To all you Eastern Ky. Hillbillies, Any weekend just name a place and time.
If any one would like to fish my area just let me know.

You know this broken up back fallin in the water Hillbilly will be there! I won't miss a fishing trip! 1 month until I can drive again!!! I can't wait!!!:wink::cool2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
what part of the river are you going to. and when

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
This is great we are starting to get a nice size group from this area.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I am with you Danny, Weekend would be better for me due to work but I will try and make it anytime. I was telling Ken earlier that my Dad is having alot of sickness but if he is doing good count me in. What is the recommended bait or baits for the Ohio? I have never fished it but hear it is the place to be.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Got a Dr. appointment tomorrow then I'll have a better idea what will be taking place for me . My grandson is having a birth-day party some time this week end not sure yet just when. Hopefully every thing will come together for me.:wink:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Ken and Gary my prayers will be with you both. No worries we can plan a fishing trip anytime.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts