Big Sandy River Tonight!!!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by catfishjohn, Aug 2, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Tonight is the night! August is upon us and with it the best Flathead fishing time of the year, In my opinion.
    Me, Firechief4201, Junior42 are gonna meet up with our Brother from down South of us Katfish Ken. Hopefully we can put him on some nice Flats or even some nice Channels. I'm ready to get that Big Skunk off my back and hook into a Big Ol' Catfish! Maybe the Gar will be somewhere else. LOL! I'm gonna do my best to stay out of the water but you all know me, I may get too hot with this brace on and go for a swim....:eek:oooh::crazy::confused2::wink::smile2:
    Wish us luck, we'll be pulling an all nighter with a bunch of different cut and live baits. Maybe we'll get lucky and find out what their wanting to feed on.
    Hopefully there will be pics to post of this event. If anybody is in the neighborhood give us a yell or stop by. We won't be that hard to find.

2. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ??

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Goodluck and call me and let me know how you did.:big_smile: And if you fell in and Danny had to pull you out lol

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck tonight be safe ! John nows your time to get a biggun hope you got a treestand harness hooked to the bank !:big_smile:

5. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Maybe Johns luck has changed he got a fish.:eek:oooh: It was a moster for a horse fly it was so little it didn't even have wiskers.:smile2: Good job John but jr. skunked us all with a 10.5lbs flattie.:wink:

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    We had a good time!:big_smile: The Big Sandy is a beautiful river . Meeting some of my cat fishing brothers was real nice too. You guys are great :big_smile: Can hardly wait till the next time now.:0a23:

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    This was my 1st time fishing the lower part of the Big Sandy River. I'm sure it won't be my last :wink: I had fished around tugs once before years ago but it was much the same as I remembered it. For me it was a great pleasure having firechief4201 tell some of the history and legends of the area. It was a trip that will be unforgettable for me .:wink::smile2:
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank John,Danny and Adam for the great hospitality and fellowship during our trip last night:smile2::wink::big_smile: You guys are great.

8. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Ken, your to nice you know we were all a$$holes.:smile2:

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Danny
    Even a$$holes have their Function in life!

10. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Here are some pics from the fishing trip.

Attached Files:

11. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    When John gets on here he has some more pics. One of that lazy person that was fishing with us.:smile2:

12. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Look like it was a fun trip and everybody stayed dry .:smile2: . My father in law gave me a barge theory I hadn't thought of . The tugs cut up the baitfish ringing the dinner bell .

13. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Lance, we need to get a fishing trip planed that we all can be at. We had a good time and maybe you can fish next trip we should be heading south here soon.

14. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Thanks Danny
    Now I won't be a man with no face. once I get it fixed

15. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    That will do till i get a better one

16. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Here Ken I'll post that pic on the thread.

Attached Files:

17. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    There is a ugly guy standing in the back ground.

18. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Note to all members: Watch your chairs around Catfish John I don't know if he gets mad at them or he's trying to may love to them.

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    After sleeping for a while I'm now back among the living. I had a great time fishing Saturday night with you guys. It was great meeting you Ken. Hopefully next time I'll not be feeling as rough.
    I did finally get the skunk off my back, It wasn't big but It was a Flattie.
    I'm enclosing a pic of one lazy fisherman that was with us...:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Big Sandy 8-2-2008 001r.jpg

20. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I didn't know if he was getting bait or try to pick up a fish.

Attached Files: