Big river rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by moav81, Dec 31, 2009.

1. moav81

moav81 New Member

State:
    KC, MO
    I am looking for some big river rods for fishing the MO river. The 2 I have my eye on are Steve Browns River rods and The rod shops custom rods. I dont think Steve is selling rods at this time so I am left with the rod shop which kinda hurts as they are $150 each. Ive seen the 1 ton's and the twc's but they dont look as stout as the 2 i mentioned above and Ive seen what the MO river does to rods thats why my choices are those 2 as they handle channel currents with heavy sinkers very well. I am wondering if anyone has come across any other rods like Steve's or the rod shops?

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    give ((( ozman )) a boc memeber a pm i think he has a few rods for sale hes in the missouri threads alot and a good friend of mine ..

i bought a couple rods off him awhile back and lovem !!!!:big_smile:

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    steve has some nice rods closest store bought rod that i have would be the 8' ugly stick big water boat close 2nd favorite. i dont know but id think steve should restock before too long. someone said the meathunters are the same?????

4. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    1 ton's and TWC are always a good option so are the Ugly Stik tigers. My favorite Big River Rod is the James River Rod sold here in Va for $60. Its a custom rod made by a local fella sold here at a store called Castaways. I have yet to see a rod for fresh water sold in stores that are this strong, I supposed it would compare to your rod you speak of. The guy makes another Rod a little stronger but that one is $200 ouch. let me know if you would be interested.

5. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Kyle; You can buy the Meathunter rods @ bait/tackle shops up your way I think. But you might find the reel seat lengths too long / short? I can build on their blanks at a good price, If you cant find what your looking for drop me a line.