BIG redfish from a Yak

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by Kansas Tree Rat, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
  2. BAMAJUGGER

BAMAJUGGER New Member

State:
    mccalla,alabama
    gah i couldnt imagine fighting a red on a fly rod in a yak...that is one of the strongest fighting fish i have ever hooked.i bet he is sore cause thoses fish will wear you out

3. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Looks like a good time, makes me wanna go back to Louisianna and do some fishin!

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Thats one of the best videos I've seen about the challange of kayak fishing. Thanks alan.

5. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
  6. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    very cool that red is monster!! I would love to take the sleigh ride one day....:sad2:

7. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Alan, I can't believe they won't let me rep you for that great video. Reps are coming your way as soon as I can!

That is indeed a great video--a must-see for anyone interested in the sport of kayak fishing.

:0a31:

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    That's pretty awesome from a yak, but 200$ a day on a piggy back guide trip he was already going out on is crazy!!!!!!! That's a full day of guided fishing here on the coast!!!!! If he was already going out I think he should of cut him a break, could have even got some exposure on national television.......nonetheless, great video

9. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Seemed kinda expensive, but also looked like fun.

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    That's what I thought, too. With $200 a pop, I'd be broke in no time!

I was wondering if he didn't get a good break, but stated the "usual" prices for the viewer's sake. That often happens in these videos. He's not going to tell you that he rode for free. :roll_eyes: