Big Pee Dee river in south carolina 5-23

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Blake Wright, May 24, 2009.

1. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Took the wife and kid to Allisons landing sat. afternoon. Tried to get to the breakfast at Canal Lakes but thing just didn't go our way. We got in the river around 3:30 and it looked pretty low to me. It was below the lowest number on the dock pole. Made a run up to needle eye lake to catch some bait but didn't get a bite on wax worms or red worms. The wind was really strong even in the lake. We tried some cats in several spots with the bait we had with no luck. When we reached Lynches river we tried the bream again and managed to pull out four in about an hour. Two of our bream were really nice hand size. Ended the day at black dark with no cats and the four bream. But the great thing I like about the river is it's a beautiful place to be. My son got to see a Gator on the bank, some wood ducks, a deer, a fair size snake:eek:oooh:, & mullet jumping all over the boat in needle eye. I did see one guy pull in a small blue below lynches river. In all we had a good time.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, Blake. Things don't always go as expected, but a day on the water is never a bad day. :big_smile:

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well at least you didnt get skunked and got to spend the afternoon on the water with your son. Better luck next trip.:wink:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report, Blake. I was wondering how the bite was going down that way. I guess it's off due to the spawn. Sounds like y'all had an exciting day anyhow!

Bill in SC

5. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I don't know bill I blame it on us not having good fresh bait. I thought we would have cought some bream alot faster than we did. Next time I'll be sure to stop by a friends house and pick up some eel at least.:big_smile:

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    It's been kind of tough fishing lately. Most of the bigger fish are probably still spawning, the add in the weather conditions, and drop in water temps....:crazy:

7. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Blake - anytime you get your family on the water is a good time, catching fish or not. I would say that catching fish is just a bonus when you get to be out with your family.

Thanks for the post.