Big Pee Dee River 10 25 08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I was hoping to spend a lot of this weekend at the river, but inclement weather kept me home last night. It was supposed to rain today, but this morning it stopped. Me and peglegreb decided to try 'em, in his boat today, but we didn't get on the river (at Blues) until about 1 pm. We caught bait right quick and had hooks in the water by 2 pm. First hit was a big gar that I got to the boat before he got off. Then, peg caught a fine 12 pound blue, which we released. Caught a few more baits, and I caught a small channel while bait fishin'. Let him go, and I'm 99% sure I caught the SAME channel again! :crazy: We fished a couple of more holes after that, and peg had one more hit, resulting in his bait getting taken. We left at dark. Had a good time and the river was excellent. Saw lots of fish on the machine, but couldn't coax them to bite too good. I'm thinking I may go back tomorrow after church, and catch all the bait we are going to need for the tourney next weekend. I think it's supposed to be FREEZING by next Wednesday, so I want to be sure and have bream caught up before then. Being cool now, I think I can keep 'em alive all week ok. BTW: Water temp was 61 degrees.
    Bill in SC

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks Bill glad yall got back on the river. Catching bait before it cools down may very well be the wining comonation for this weekend.:wink: