Big Pee Dee River 10-17th&18th - Bream Fishing Was Great!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rivercatsc, Oct 19, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Went down to stay at the boathouse down at the tanyard this weekend and had a good time alittle wet but overall good. The catfishing was less than good but the bream fishing was great. Fished friday from around 9am-1pm with only 1 bite and he got us hung up. Tried drifting in Jordan lake for a couple of hours after that with only a few bites but no takers so we started bream fishing and they were on fire. In just a few hours we caught 100+ bream of all sizes with a couple dozen really big ones. Picked up the wives from the landing that evening and cooked some supper and then went back out fishing for a couple of more hours and caught 1 17lb blue. Then the rain started and it rained until about 2pm on sat. We fished from 2pm-5:30pm and caught a 16,14, and triplet 6lb blues. All fish were blues and caught on live eell except 1 on cut eell and 1 on a bream head. I had a great time and everyone finnally got to catch some fish. We ate good in nothing else.:big_smile:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I guess bream smackin' is my next favorite thing to cat smackin'!! Sounds like y'all had a great time nonetheless!
    Bill in SC

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks for the report James. Glad ya had a great time.:big_smile: 100+ bream and teen digit blues. Great catch!:wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good fishing trip, congrats and good luck in the future

5. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    That's right! Catchin' bait is the next best thing to catchin' fish!