Big Pee Dee report 3 21 08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    My shad didn't show up until 10:30 this morning so we got to the river about noon. After a day of losing NO rigs yesterday, I lost three in the structure pronto today. After we got settled in, I had a monster literally almost snap the rod holder off the boat, and I was lookin' right at it. When I set the hook, he kept going and broke my line. I had the drag locked tight to winch them out of the structure, but the 20# Berkley Big Game line couldn't take that ride. We lost several nice fish for various reasons, but David managed to get a 7 1/2 pounder in. I'm headed for some circle hooks now to avoid future fish getting loose. The bite was darn good today, and we should have had a pile of fish. Back at it tomorrow at daybreak! Y'all better get at it!! :)
    BB in SC

2. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    We will be on the river also tomarrow.17' Xpress jon-Are you going up or down river?

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Don't know for sure yet. I'll be in a J-16 Carolina Skiff.
    BB in SC

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Where did you launch from today, Bill? I was up at Cheraw and Blewett Falls, then back down to Cashua Ferry. Didn't have time to go to Society Hill or Blues, but everywhere I went, folks were fishing; mostly catters, at least that I saw. Didn't get any reports from any of them today, but a couple that I spoke with indicated they had been doing pretty well with the catfish lately.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We put in at Blues today, Tommy. Shoulda drug my old camper down there for the weekend. Lots of my shad netting friends are camping there this weekend. I will also be at Blues tomorrow.
    BB

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks, Bill. I want to get up there and fish mighty bad, but I doubt I can make it tomorrow. Maybe late next week....