Big Pee Dee 8 8 08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Me and peglegreb went fishin' for the first time together in about two months. Put in at Society Hill. Caught a bunch of bream for bait. Most of the bream were VERY SMALL, many about as big as your thumb. We caught an 8, a 10, a 13 and a 14. All blues. I noticed that one of my leaders was frayed up some due to the gar I caught last weekend. I told Peg a big 'un would probably break it. We had 11 rods in the water. Sure enough, the big 'un had to hit THAT rod with the frayed leader, and sure enough, he broke it. He seemed to be a whopper. I won't make that mistake again! We fished out of Pegs boat, and I must say the extra foot of width made fishin' a heap more pleasurable. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so no pics.
    BB in SC

2. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Bill what in the world was you thinkin'? Damaged leader you didn't change and also forgot the camera?????????????? Bil..Bil..Bill.. is it ol' age or just one of those nights???:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: I forget my camera all the time. and hey by the way chage those leaders, you'll catch more fish that way!!:smile2::smile2:

3. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Well Bill looks like we are going to work on you and peg next weekend at the river.Hope ya'll learned your lesson ,don't wait and see what happens
    LOL.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad to see yall got back out on the river together and congrats on the fish.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like some real nice fishing, congrats and good luck in the future

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Well Bill looks like we are going to work on you and peg next weekend at the river.Hope ya'll learned your lesson>

LOL No need to say anything to Peg. He had NOTHING to do with my ignorance, other than agreeing with me when I tossed it in, that it was not wise. :smile2:
    BB in SC