Big Pee Dee 8/11/'09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I had some BOC folks from Kentucky drive down yesterday, to fish the Big Pee Dee with me last night and tonight. The pressure is always on to perform when folks drive from so far. We started from my usual haunt at Blue's Landing, and went downstream nearly to 34 landing. I think we ended up with seven flatties, less than ten pounds, and one fine 17 1/2 pound blue. All were caught on bream heads, and the water temp was 88 degrees. If the weather holds off tonight, we will go again. I have some American shad to try tonight in conjunction with the bream. Sure would like to get them on a monster flattie! Always a pleasure to entertain BOC guests on the Big Pee Dee!!
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Way to go Bill, congrats bro

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sounds like you had a good trip last night. Good luck tonight and thanks for the pictures.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'm doubtful about tonight as my wife said the tropical depression was going to bring one to five inches of rain starting at around noon today. I hope it stalls out so we can get tonight in. Team Hardcore can hang, if the storm is not accompanied by high wind and/or lightning. :wink:

BB in SC

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    BILL i hope the weather holds for u an your guest ,so yall can fish tonite ,keep us posted :wink:

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice fish Bill. Its always good to put fish in the boat when you got friends fishn with you. Good luck on the weather