Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Big Pee Dee 7-3-09

749 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SWAMPRAT 
#1 ·
Had the day off so i took the boat to dewitts a buddy of mine from florence went with me. Got there about 7 am fished till noon. We went up river a little ways it was about 5 ft and was there about 5 min and caught a 5 lb got a 15 lb blue and then got a 7 lb blue all in water between 5 and 10 ft using cut pcs of eel finally put a fish in the boat i was just happy to see a fish. Of course ur gonna catch one now its not a tourny.

#3 ·
here is the deal me and thomas went yesterday morning caught the 5 7 and 15 lb blues Me and brian went last night got a 1 3 5 and a 20 lb my brother took my boat and they had a couple of 15lbs a 23 lb and a 5 lb all in all we tore the river up yesterday

#4 ·
hey i was going to leave a new post but you will make me look bad. hehe. i went out tuesday and did not have a bite. we used live ell, cut ell dead and live bream. where did you put in and what type holes were you fishing. i have not cought a cat in the pee dee in 3 years and yes i said 3 years. i am doing something so wrong. maybe you can help.

#5 ·
we caught all those off of live eel and cut pcs of eel fishin from 5 ft in10 ft and a couple of the deep holes about 20 ft if there where just playin with it they didnt want it the fish we caught snatched the bait and took off i hooked 1 on live bream and never could get him off the bottom the rod was bent as far as it could bend and could not get him up and it wrapped it up around a stump it was done then

#6 ·
William if you come out and hook up with any of the Pee Dee Catmaster brothers that can be changed. The invitation is open for you to come aboard the River Cat anytime. I have no secrets I will show you how its done. I fished 3 days last week:
Monday fished 2 hours in the evening with a 6lb blue, 8lb blue, 28.5lb flathead

Wed fished from 9am-3pm caught 5 10lb flathead, 11lb flathead, 4lb blue, 16lb blue,19lb blue

Thursday fished from daylight to 12 and caught 4lb blue, 12lb blue, and a 26lb flathead.

Cut bream and live eels seem to be working the best.

#7 ·
russell didnt bother to mention that two of the fish we caught that night were off of little pee dee and we caught both of them in about thirty mins. we would have caught more than that off off LPD but we had to go get russells brother, he was stranded at dunhams bluff, we got there and caught two more and lost about 12-15 more(we ran out of GAMAKATSU hooks and all i had left were some sorry A$$ eagle claws) and we didnt start missin fish till then, they would get hooked up and come off coming to the boat:angry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.