Big Pee Dee 6 4 08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Me and Peg put in at about 7 pm at Society Hill and went down river. Managed an 11 pound blue and Peg caught a 6 or 7 pound flattie. All caught on live bream. Note the lamprey bite on his flattie. Some kinda flumonia bug jumped on me and we had to leave the river around midnight. I have been mighty sick ever since. Hope I am recovered enough to fish the tourney Saturday. James and I were talking tonight and we are wondering why no one is catching any large fish on the Pee Dee lately. I personally think the limb liners have about cleaned the river out. Most EVERY snag or bush has a line hanging from it. I detest the practice. I guess when you don't have the natural ability to catch fish with rod and reel, you revert to the next best thing. Sigh...
    BB in SC

Attached Files:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I know what you mean Bill I cant buy a 20+lb blue heck I havent caught a fish over 10lbs in the last 3 fishing trips. Im not sure what it is.

3. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    AT LEAST YOU GUYS ARE CATCHING FISH! ME AND CATFISHMICK ARENT EVEN CATCHING ANYTHING! IT HAS BEEN THAT WAY FOR A WHILE NOW! I'M NOT SURE IF WE ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG ARE WHAT BUT IT IS AGGRAVATING, BUT I WON'T GIVE UP!

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Can yall go any next week Marty? I dont mind taking you down to the river and showing yall the ropes.

5. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Bill,
    It is the same way up on this end of the river. Every set hook I come across I take it home with me. It is the same way down at Packs landing on the river.Here in Cheraw it is just about fished out for the bridge to the island. Over the past several yrs. there has been no water and they have just about fished it out. I don't even fish it in the summer hardly. I go down to 301 and put in.If this heat doesn't break soon I want be fishing any during the day.

PEEDEE CAT

6. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I'M NOT SURE IF MICHAEL CAN OR NOT JAMES! I KNOW THAT I WILL PROBABLY TAKE A FEW DAYS OFF! I WILL LET YOU KNOW!

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Every set hook I come across I take it home with me.>

Sounds like a plan! I have no problem with folks who run their lines legally, like they are supposed to. Set 'em an hour before sunset, and take 'em up an hour after sunrise, and tag them with their names. I'm just sick and tired of seeing lines that never get removed, like they OWN the snags and bushes they are tied to. It might cost me several tanks of fuel, but my goal is to eliminate EVERY line I see that is left on the river from Cheraw to Three Creeks during the day. Whether it helps or not, I don't know. I'm just curious to see how long it will take to see the lines back in place after I remove them. Don't want to start any wars, but right is right and wrong is wrong. If our game wardens were making ANY attempt whatsoever to monitor what goes on at the river, this problem might go away. The ONLY time I have seen a game warden in the last SEVERAL YEARS at the river, was in Pamplico last weekend, and he was REMOVING limb lines!!! KUDOS for this "on the job" warden! I will implement my new plan immediately forthwith!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill in SC

8. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    YOU GOT MY RESPECT BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jonathan

9. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like a deal Bill. As far as the mud sheriff's are concerned I think the have more to do because they are not to many of them and they and they are streached out pretty thin. I have 2 close friends that are mud sheriff's one local and one up state and they say that the state is fixing to hire about a dozen or 2 more we sure need them.Ya'll hang in there and keep a tight line.

PEEDEE CAT

10. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm game whenever. Just go ahead and pick a day so I don't schedule something over it.

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    How about thursday if I can get free.

12. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Marty won't be able to this week. Hopefully soon though.

13. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I KNOW-IT SUCKS! I WANTED TO GO THIS WEEK BUT I DOUBT IT! I GOT ALOT OF THINGS SCHEDULED AT WORK THIS WEEK! I WILL BE DOING A GOOD BIT OF TRAVELING. I AM GOING TO TRY AND KEEP MY SCHEDULE OPEN FOR NEXT WEEK THOUGH!