Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, today was a good one. We got to the river at about 10 am. The river looked funky and I did not have much hope of a good day. The river has come up dramatically since Saturday. We put in at Blue's and went downstream to one of my honey holes. Before we got to the hole, I saw many wild hogs on the river bank. Time we got to the first hole, a beaver came swimming by and lo and behold, it had a baby beaver in it's mouth. We got the lines in the water and the baby beaver came swimming back towards us without it's mama, and it was calling, looking for her. Coulda' scooped it up with the net, but we left it alone. Never seen that before. 'Bout that time a rod slammed down and I fought and landed a 27 pound blue. Finally moved to another spot, and Peglegreb caught a 16 pound blue. Moved again and I caught a 22 pound blue. Headed back in and saw a duck with ducklings. Went on a tad more and saw a nice cottonmouth moccasin lying up on a log. Went a little further and saw an eagle with some critter in it's grasp. We used a whole shad today. First time we have used ALL the bait this year. Water started falling and the bite quit. Spent about six hours on the river. I got hung a few times but did not lose ANY rigs, using our jigging technique. Pegleg lost one rig. All in all a GREAT day!
Bill in SC

Attachments

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG! My honey hole is visable in one of the pics. Please close one eye when you look at the pics! :tounge_out::big_smile:

Bill in SC

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<does the rigging make that big of a difference???>

I think you misread captain. I was speaking of our JIGGING technique that we free snagged hooks with.
BB in SC

·
Registered
38 Posts
<does the rigging make that big of a difference???>

I think you misread captain. I was speaking of our JIGGING technique that we free snagged hooks with.
BB in SC
Can you elaborate on this jigging technique? It sounds very useful.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Michael: Go to the BOC "Library", and you can read all about it. Useful doesn't begin to describe it. Saves a ton of money too.
BB

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hey thats some fine looking blues that you caught thank you for sharing the pictures with us I hate water snakes, lol that thing looks big usually if i see a snake I always go the other way I have always hated them and probably will till the day I die, congrats again on the fish keep up the good work and keep us posted on how the fishing keeps going for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Michael: Go to the BOC "Library", and you can read all about it. Useful doesn't begin to describe it. Saves a ton of money too.
BB
I'm a little confused as to where you're talking about. Do you mean the announcement at the top of the SC Rivers Talk forum with the Library Table of Contents? I didn't find it there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.