Big Pee Dee 4 22 08 (YAHOO!!)

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Folks, today was a good one. We got to the river at about 10 am. The river looked funky and I did not have much hope of a good day. The river has come up dramatically since Saturday. We put in at Blue's and went downstream to one of my honey holes. Before we got to the hole, I saw many wild hogs on the river bank. Time we got to the first hole, a beaver came swimming by and lo and behold, it had a baby beaver in it's mouth. We got the lines in the water and the baby beaver came swimming back towards us without it's mama, and it was calling, looking for her. Coulda' scooped it up with the net, but we left it alone. Never seen that before. 'Bout that time a rod slammed down and I fought and landed a 27 pound blue. Finally moved to another spot, and Peglegreb caught a 16 pound blue. Moved again and I caught a 22 pound blue. Headed back in and saw a duck with ducklings. Went on a tad more and saw a nice cottonmouth moccasin lying up on a log. Went a little further and saw an eagle with some critter in it's grasp. We used a whole shad today. First time we have used ALL the bait this year. Water started falling and the bite quit. Spent about six hours on the river. I got hung a few times but did not lose ANY rigs, using our jigging technique. Pegleg lost one rig. All in all a GREAT day!
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Here is a pic of the moccasin. I tried to navigate very close to him, but the current was strong and I couldn't get where I wanted to get to get a good shot of him. Notice the harmony between snake and turtles.

Attached Files:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    OMG! My honey hole is visable in one of the pics. Please close one eye when you look at the pics! :tounge_out::big_smile:

Bill in SC

4. johnboy

johnboy New Member

State:
    Columbia SC
    nice fish bill...yahoo indeed!!!

5. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    AHH Bill you know the snake will kepp folks ran off from the spot..Thanks for the pictures and post of a great day on the water...sam

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I knew the bite would finnaly pick up for yall. I had a buddy of mine that fished out of 34 friday night and caught 15 blues and flathads. Great job Bill.

7. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    does the rigging make that big of a difference???

8. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Are you sure that isn't a rattle headed copper moccasin :smile2:

Sounds like you all had a great time

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I believe it's a cotton headed water rattler!!:smile2:
    BB in SC

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <does the rigging make that big of a difference???>

I think you misread captain. I was speaking of our JIGGING technique that we free snagged hooks with.
    BB in SC

11. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Can you elaborate on this jigging technique? It sounds very useful.

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Michael: Go to the BOC "Library", and you can read all about it. Useful doesn't begin to describe it. Saves a ton of money too.
    BB

13. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey thats some fine looking blues that you caught thank you for sharing the pictures with us I hate water snakes, lol that thing looks big usually if i see a snake I always go the other way I have always hated them and probably will till the day I die, congrats again on the fish keep up the good work and keep us posted on how the fishing keeps going for you.

14. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm a little confused as to where you're talking about. Do you mean the announcement at the top of the SC Rivers Talk forum with the Library Table of Contents? I didn't find it there.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    No, it's in the "publication" section (first section on the forum) section under "Member Library".
    Bill in SC