Big Pee Dee 4 19 08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Put in at Blue's and went up for a while and then down. Mighty low and falling. Lots of rock shoals and sandbars exposed. Fished pretty hard all day and managed one 12 1/2 pound blue right before we came home. Bite was off. Pretty good crowd on the river and no one was getting many bites. Felt like it might pick up right about the time we were leaving. Woulda' loved to have spent the night tonight but had other things to do.
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Thanks for the report Bill.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    BTW: We split two blues open that we caught in the nets yesterday. Their stomachs were full of small mussels.
    Bill in SC

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thank you for the report and that was a nice looking fish that you caught in that picture, how much did it weigh, and good luck rest of the fishing year hope you catch a bunch of fish.

5. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Geez louise,
    May not be in your area, but going to santee S.C. this June. Where are the places to fish outside of the lakes?. I will be there for two weeks, I have read and heard about the canals?, I have maps and time where do I find and where to I go to fish the canals? Thanks for any help. I love S.C. and catfishing.

6. CarolinaRig

CarolinaRig New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I dont know about the re-deversional but the main canal probably wont be real good till early July, Thats when I have had the best luck drifting. In June you will probably have more luck going out of State Park on Marion and fishing some submerged timber. Thats just my opinion.

7. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Thanks Bill for the report. Glad to see that it was'nt just on our end in Pamplico.
    A couple of friends and I went on sat. to but the bites were few and far between did'nt catch any thing but it was still a good day on the river