Big Pee Dee 2 19 09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Got to report the bad with the good. Put in at Blues yesterday and went up river. Didn't get the hooks wet until about 1 pm. Did not get a bite all day, nor did I find hardly any fish with the sonar. Water temp is still at 51 degrees, and I look for the return of the shad/herring very soon. Our frozen mullet leaves much to be desired, and we are about out of it anyhow. The good news is that we had another safe trip, with no misfortunes or equipment failures. I really love my new gps/sonar unit, though I still have a lot to learn with the gps operation of it. I keep meaning to bring the book on the river to read and learn the operation on the gps, but I have left it in the truck the last two trips. :sad2: Tommy, I could not find an emulator for the Eagle 502c unit on their web site. Plenty of others, including an emulator for my Eagle 320 FishMark. If you find an emulator for the 502c, please direct me to it. Ok, I did cover a tad over 12 miles on exactly six gallons of fuel, so my mileage is just over 2 mpg. Not the best mileage by any stretch of the imagination, but on MOST of my trips I usually use less than 12 gallons of boat fuel. If fuel costs remain under $2 a gallon, I will fish from the big boat. When it goes over that amount, I guess I will be back in my smaller Carolina Skiff with the 25 hp engine. I'm blessed to have options!!!! :wink:

Bill in SC

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    ( you didn't catch no fish cause you was playin with the buttons weren't you ? )

Well Bill I haven't done any good either and I actually haven't fished because I just have no confidence in it atm. But come tonight I'm gotta here , LOL , catchin or not I need my fix ; )

You'll get em next round.
    -Jim-

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <catchin or not I need my fix ; )>

That's the deal, JJ!

I could always load up and go where the fish ARE biting, but financial constraints won't allow me to do but so much. Not complaining though. I LOVE our Pee Dee, fish or not.

BB in SC

4. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Bill do you have a four stroke or a two stroke, i heard the four stroke is better on gas.:wink: But i gest it's the size of engine that you have:cool2:?

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Robbie, I have a two stroke 200hp Mercury Black Max. The four strokes are great, but the disadvantages are that they are much heavier, much more expensive initially, and terribly expensive to work on. Lots of electronic gadgetry to go wrong on them too. They DO get better mileage though. I usually have folks to go with me that share in the fuel expenses, so it really isn't that bad. Holler at me sometime when you want to do a Pee Dee trip! I'll probably be at the river tomorrow from can see to can't see.

Bill in SC

6. racinrodes88

racinrodes88 New Member

State:
    Marion, SC
    Well i only have 1 boat i dont get options mine isnt to bad on gas with a 60 as long as gas stays down i can fish more If u find a depth and fish finder for a good price let me know mine quit in the bay the other week thanks and c u at the meeting