Big Pee Dee 2 17 09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Had some frozen mullet and some time to kill, so I decided to hit the river today. I was wanting to spend some time with my new Eagle 502c unit. This is the first GPS/color unit that I have had. It's cool how it records how much water you have covered. I did nearly 20 miles today. I had no idea that I had been traveling so far each trip. Looks like I am getting about 2 miles to the gallon with the 200 Merc. Still have a LOT to learn about the GPS function of the unit. Water temp was 50/51 degrees all day. I had but one hit that yielded a 11.5 pound blue. Just me and the dog today.

BB in SC

Attached Files:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man that is 1 fine unit you have there Bill. Glad you got to the river and didnt get skunked.

3. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Aint it funny how us fishermen find 2mpg tolerable when fishin but 22mpg sucks when your drivin back and forth to work:smile2:

4. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    glad u got to fish today bill and thanks for the report, im ready to go to the river, where did u put in at??

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats on the new Eagle. those are some nice units. Also glad ya caught one and super nice dog! Oh yeah! Pop Pop loves dogs. got 3 of my own. One is a dumb ass. one is a grand champion obidience dog. and the little one goes camping and everywhere with me. But the little one is scared of catfish so I CPR'em real quick when shes in the boat.:wink:

6. kanko44

kanko44 New Member

State:
    SC
    I so need to learn how/where to catch fish. Went to the Waccamaw on Sunday. Fished the bottom, with no luck. Need to learn the bait, where to go, and how to fish. Anyone near myrtle beach that wants to head out fishing with me, let me know! I have the boat, and the time, just need to learn.

7. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    BILL NOW U WANT GET LOST U CAN FIND YOUR WAY BACK HOME. LOL
    FISHED THE RIVER LAST FRIDAY ONLY 2 SMALL ONES. THINKING ABOUT PUTTING IN A BLUES FRIDAY AND GOING DOWN TO 3 CREEKS IF THERE IS ANY H2O.
    PEEDEE CAT

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <THINKING ABOUT PUTTING IN A BLUES FRIDAY AND GOING DOWN TO 3 CREEKS IF THERE IS ANY H2O.>

That's where I went yesterday, Greg. Actually I went down below Three Creeks a ways. The water had come up a couple of feet yesterday, so I had no trouble getting down there.

BB in SC

9. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    THANKS FOR THE INFO. I AM WORKING 4 DAYS A WEEK NOW MAYBE I CAN GET SOME FISHING DONE. I HAVE GONE UP 2 BLEWETT FALLS LAKE TWICE
    NO LUCK YET. TRY TO FISH THE RIVER AROUND HERE WHILE I CAN. EVERYONE UP AT BLEWETTS ARE FISHING FOR CRAPPIE. SOME OF THE LOCALS ARE DOING REAL GOOD FOR THEM. I'M NOT MUCH FOR CRAPPIE. PULLED UP ROBBIE BURR'S WEB SITE (PEEDEE ADVENTURES) HE HAS BEEN CATCHING A FEW BLUES IN THE RIVER. HE HAS A JET ON HIS BOAT. HE CAN GO ABOUT ANY WHERE UP THERE WHEN THE RIVER IS LOW. MAYBE 1 DAY I WILL CATCH U ON THE RIVER.
    PEEDEE CAT

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Bill, it's nice to hear you're back on the river, and with the new fishfinder/gps, it takes time on the water. I'm pretty sure you can download an emulator from the eagle website for that unit, and practice on your pc. Waiting to hear some fish catching reports, now.:smile2:

11. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Bill thank for info sound like you have some good fishing stuff the fishing trip was'nt a waste of time. At lease you catching something one is better than none.:cool2::wink:

12. racinrodes88

racinrodes88 New Member

State:
    Marion, SC
    at least u caught something thanks for the info. Good luck with the gps and stuff

13. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey Bill,
    Hope you enjoy the new unit.Should make the choice of upriver/downriver easier, LOL.
    Fyi-Some of the salt water chips have some of the rivers on them.
    The color is not necessary but is nice isnt it?
    Have fun with it.