BIG PEE DEE 1/19/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by captmarty, Jan 21, 2009.

1. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ME AND CATFISHMICK SET SAIL FOR THE RIVER AND GOT THERE ABOUT 12:00PM! THE WATER WAS KINDA HIGH BUT STILL LOOKED INVITING! PUT IN AND WENT UPSTREAM A LITTLE BIT! GOT THE LINES WET AND GOT A COUPLE BITES HERE AND THERE AND A COUPLE OF REALLY GOOD BITES BUT NO LUCK ON HOOKING 1! MOVED DOWNSTREAM AND DROPPED THE LINES AND GOT NOTHING FOR THE NEXT HOUR AND A HALF! WIND REALLY STARTED PICKING UP AND GETTING REALLY COLD SO WE DECIDED TO PACK IT UP AND HEAD HOME! I MADE SOME JOKE WITH CATFISHMICK ABOUT THIS WAS OUR NEW PW!!!! PERSONAL WORST! WE ALSO HAD PLANNED TO CATCH SOME BREAM WHILE WE WERE SITTING ON THE WATER BUT COULDN'T MANANGE ANY OF THEM EITHER SO WE USED DIP BAIT AND NIGHTCRAWLERS!! NOT THE BEST CHOICES BUT WAS ALL WE HAD! OH-WE ALSO LOST A ROD IN THE PROCESS OF THIS TERRILE TRIP! WATER TEMP WAS 45 DEGREES! WOULD TAKE PICS BUT REALIZED I LEFT THE CAMERA AT HOME WHEN I GOT THERE! SORRY ALL TOGETHER IT WAS GREAT TO GET OUT ON THE WATER THOUGH!!!

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Where did y'all put in, Society Hill? Yes, the bream are hard to catch this time of year. IF you do catch any, they will be near the bottom. Man, I hate y'all lost a rod and reel. That sux. River fishin' in our stretch of the river can be tough and challenging this time of year, but that's half the fun. We'll hookup before long for a trip, Marty.

Bill in SC

3. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    NO-WE PUT IN AT 34 LANDING THIS TIME! WE HAD TO STOP BY WEATHERFORD'S TO GET SOME STUFF SO WE JUST PUT IN THERE! YEA-THAT SUCKS WE LOST A ROD AND NO FISH! I WAS FISHING PRETTY DEEP FOR THE BREAM BUT JUST COULDN'T GET A BITE!