Big, old, wreck!

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by OttoDita, Aug 17, 2008.

1. OttoDita

OttoDita New Member

State:
    Ontario, canada
    Hi everyone!

I was just given a boat. It's not the greatest, but it has a good trailer, and it was FREE!

No clue what it is, but while looking through some boats in google images, it's looking a lot like a larson from the 60's....It's old and big.

The problem with this boat, is it's in rough shape. Seems solid, but it has some "soft" spots up front, on the outside, underneath. Seems to be no leaks. But I still don't like the soft spots. Needs new flooring, no biggie, that's all easy. It's these soft spots I'm no sure of. I don't know how to take them from soft to to, well, better:eek:oooh:

But, with some lights, fish finder, some PVC rod holders, I think it'll be fishable.

I just need some help with these soft spots:big_smile: Sand it, coat it in Aylmers glue? Haha. Ok, maybe epoxy is better :smile2:

Thanks a lot, I'll try and get some pics of this ugly beast tomorrow!
    Shane

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like quite a project. You might be able to remove the motor and find another cheap hull in better condition. Good luck

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i don't think no one can really help ya until you let them know what it is made of.maybe you can re-inforce it with fiberglass body filler.

4. OttoDita

OttoDita New Member

State:
    Ontario, canada
    Sorry, forgot to mention that. It is fiberglass. I'll run out and grab pics now. It's not easy to find something like this, not in rough shape, not in this area anyways. I was hoping I could just fix it. My old man told me to use the filler. I wasn't too sure if it would give back the integrity of the resin would or not.

Thanks a lot,
    Shane