big ol gar

Discussion in 'Gar Fishing' started by armyfisher, Oct 23, 2008.

1. armyfisher

armyfisher Member

State:
    georgia
    a guy came up to me at work the other day that i go fishing with every once in a while and told me he heard a story about an alligator gar that was so big the guys that were bringing the gar in shot the fish with a 22. and a 45. just to get it to the boat. I've looked all over the internet for this story and couldn't find squat. I did find however when i type in alligator gar in yahoo images a picture on www.flikr.com of a huge alligator gar with what look like some bullet holes. Does anyone know anything about this or was the guy just pulling my chain

2. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    How big? Look at this beast my grandfather back in the day I love this picture of him!!!!http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89202&page=2 Probably seeen it? Your link doesnt work for me PM with that gar pic you have if you could bro?

3. armyfisher

armyfisher Member

State:
    georgia
    heres the monster gar i was talking about. the things huge if ya'll know anything about it let me know thanks brothers

Attached Files:

• gar.jpg
      gar.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
  4. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    dang, that thing is huge!!:eek:oooh:

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Hey David look up backwaterbowfishing dot com, it shows the exact same picture of the guy w/his name & where he shot it( he didnt catch it, he shot w/a bow, but still a huge gar though, there are alot of them on that site)