Big Ohio December Doe

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by H2O Mellon, Dec 5, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I posted a thread on BOC about my dad & I & to fully "get" this thread you may want to review the prvious one. It can be found by clicking HERE

Well..... last Friday the doctor gave my dad the okay to go to his cabin for the weekend. He was very happy to say the least. I did not expect any deer for him unless I was able to drive him to a spot in my Jeep & let him sit during a drive, well it's funny how things happen! I was able to leve work early Fri (around 12:30PM) we got to the cabin at excatlly 4PM. While carrying in the bags & stuff, I saw two does in the woods behind the cabin (snow on the ground so you could see forever) I told dad, he grabbed his T/C Contender .45-70 & took a shot, took the PERFECT shot I should say, sure enough he got the doe, one shot one kill. I know some of you might say it wasnt a real hunt since he wasnt in the woods or anything like that, but to me it was one of my more happier times. This could very well be his last deer, as he is just unable to get out anymore due to his legs & feet In fact by just being on his feet or in the sitting position for the 3 hours drive & long enough to get a picture his legs were really hurting. This doe FIELD DRESSED @ 135 # on a certified scale. It made for a prefect night, we checked it in, took it to the processor and then played poker at the next cabin until midnight or so.

The pic is below.

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Great story thanks for tell it.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Thats great man I to have trouble with my dad just getting him out is the best. And your right everyday may be his last I no that everytime I take my dad fishing with me. So just may the most of all the time you have together and enjoy just being with him.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Glad to hear your dad was able to harvest a deer Mellon. :thumbsup: Hopefully it won't be his last and you will be able to share some more times together in the field.

5. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    I love it when things like this happen. Awesome kill and a nice fat doe too.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Forgot to say that they just found a tumor on his lung too. He has to get it checke dout again soon. If it hasnt gotten bigger they will leave it alone, if it has gotten larger they are going to remove it. So..... When it rains it pours right? :crying:

7. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Congratulations to both of you. Memories to share with those that you are close to, truly are the best trophies.

8. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i think thats great for your pops to get out and make a harvest it's better to get out and get some fun in instead of being shacked up and having to deal with issues....

:rock-big:

9. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Thanks for sharing your story. Congrats on the deer.

10. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    congrats to the both of you! thats a big doe.......gotta love them T/C contenders i have one in 45/70 as well and they sure do wake up the woods when ya fire em off dont they lol..again congrats to you and your pops.

11. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Hey Mellon,
    Glad you and your dad got a hunt in!Sounds like it turned out good.
    LeakyBoat

12. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    OUt standing story thanks.

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bryan, I am glad your dad got a deer..Lets pray that he still will be able to hunt next year!

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    9:06PM, just got the call.

96 #'s of meat (steaks, chops, burger) from the doe! The meat is on its way here, my bro in law called. The owner of the shop thought it was big buck, he was shocked when he found out it was a doe, he thinks if it was weighed on one of his scales it would have went more than 135 field dressed, due to how much meat was there, so when I say 135 field dressed it was prob more!

15. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    thats a hell of a doe how is ur dad getting along

16. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Wow! Thats a big doe. Thanks for sharing.

17. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice deer! Hope your father is pulling through OK! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like you got alot of good eating my friend!

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    He seems to be getting a little better. Right now his sister is having lots of serious problems, so hes worried about her & stuff.