big "o" cincinnati 8-28-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fishmonster13, Aug 29, 2009.

1. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    got the boat in the water around 6 and went to get some bait ended up only getting three shad for about an hours worth of work, so i headed up river towards downtown and stop at my first spot and 20 mins later had the first one on a little guy around a 1lb but i kept my bait about 15 mins later i had the second one on but lost him about half way in and he stole my bait got one more in the boat a 6 pounder and nothing for the 30 mins so i headed down river to mouth of the licking and nothing happened there so i picked up and headed down river again and i picked up another an 8 pounder and a little nit later i had one more on , i had him at the boat ready to net and some guy came hauling out of mill creek and the wake cuased me to miss him with the net twice the fish flipped and away he went he was a nice size fish too o well but had a decent nite of fishing and i could see the storm comeing in so i hauls a$$ to the dock about 10;30 not to bad for 4 hours fishing , i'm headed back out here this afternoon again .
    didn't get pics of the third fish:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    well you didnt take a skunking so good job man keep fishin

3. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    yeah no skunking this time i just hope it gets better from here on out:roll_eyes:

4. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    For only 3 baits I would say you had a very successful night. Good report

5. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    yeah that was better than the 2 i caught last weekend and had to throw one back because it was a stripper , i looked down in the bait well at him and thought wow hes a lively shad so i reached in and grabbed him and thought hes a funny looking shad then i realized he wasn't a shad:smile2: si i went else where looking for bait

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt thanks for sharing your fishing trip and pics. Nice job for just having a few baits.

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    congrats on the catches and i hope you do well tonight. The river has been slow lately so thats good, especially with as little bait as you had. I hope to make it home soon and maybe we can hit the big O.

8. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati