BIG NEW RIVER SMALLMOUTHS

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Fishin Chick69, May 13, 2009.

1. Fishin Chick69

Fishin Chick69 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    My new favorite hobby.... Catching these monster smallies.. Just wanted to share a few pictures of some my fish.. enjoy.....

Attached Files:

2. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    Some pictures of her fish and one of mine. If you notice all of these were caught while using steel leaders since we were expecting a muskie or two.

Attached Files:

3. Chris55

Chris55 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I am a real believer that a new Virginia state record will come from the area.Over the period of years that I have being fishing there,I have seen some awesome smallies come from there.I wouldn't doult that within 2 years,a new record will be caught there.Slammer you keep it up,the way you being going after them,it wouldn't surprise me if you wasn't the die hard that will catch it.Plus,I still believe that Fishin_Chick had the monster on last year,and it came unbuttoned,oh that hurt to:sad2:.Didn't it Chick? We know don't we?:big_smile_2:

Attached Files:

4. Fishin Chick69

State:
    West Virginia
    Yes, it hurt real bad.. But I guess it gives me something to look forward to everytime I go there, cuz I know it's there.. I just have to hook it before the slammer does... lol.....

5. Chris55

Chris55 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    :0a27::0a24:Chick, your chances of catching that record is as good as anyones.I just hope that I am with you and he is down river aways ,so I can lip it and hole it up for him to see.What a sight that would be to.LOL Knowing him the way I do,he would be like this:0a9: Oh my my,it would be on then.:0a1:

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice Bass.

7. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    holy crap! now that is some nice smallies, the ones I catch here in the creeks are little pounders or less. What I would give to tangle with a couple of those on an ultralight!:big_smile: What do you guys use for bait or lures?

8. Fishin Chick69

State:
    West Virginia
    Hi Bill... We caught them on BIG chubs, suckers and horny-heads. 8-10 inches.. the bigger the bait, the bigger the fish. lol.. Of course the honey hole we found has some very large smallmouth.. Very good area for bass and BIG Musky.. Thanks, and great fishin to ya...

9. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nice post and some super Smallies---way to go!