Big Muddy

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Bigen, May 16, 2008.

1. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I live in Murphysboro and would love some advice on fishing Big muddy(Location, Bait etc)

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Contact Tonto. He is the Big Muddy expert. Big Muddy can help you out as well (hence the name!) :wink:

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    sure helped me yesterday...:wink: i know the river best north of rend lake, tonto is who you wanna talk to about the area around murphysboro. are you in a boat or on the bank?

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Nice flat there Shane... the newest in your PBs?

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yes sir.:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

6. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am fishing from the bank indead like always cuz I dont have a boat yet so I know its tough to give advice to a bank fisherman but I really need it and I apreciate the word about tonto thanks guys.

7. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sure was nice to see another "big un"! Shane, so glad you had fun I know Jesse & TONTO did as well.

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i saw the pic of the blue tonto sent me.very nice. looks like i will be seeing you guys again this weekend:big_smile:

9. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    TONTO, Jesse, Shane, my "little one", and a few others are on the Muddy this weekend as of noon Saturday they had 7 the biggest one being 50 lbs!
    Boys only, so momma got the entire weekend off! I don't know who had the better time them or me lol!

and as for bait, live blue gill seems to be working well.
    AND MAJORITY caught on bank poles, so always hope boat or not!

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Arron, Boat or not, you should be looking at some of the spots that are flooded right now, anything with 3 plus feet of water can and will be holding fish right now, they are up feeding the fresh brush on the Kasky right now any way, I don't fish the muddy but I would fish it the same right now anyway.

11. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Arron, make sure to check out the boc library, fishing locations/river banks and others.
    I read through alot of these posts and they helped me find fish in my boat, and I 'm sure they will help you find fish on the banks. Good luck