Big muddy river

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by TONTO, Apr 20, 2008.

1. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Well I took a friend out on the muddy saturday. We used live bluegill and cut bait. The weather was not exactly the way it was predicted. Any way the river is falling fast, and we didn't have any great expectations. My buddy did hook a monster of a fish at one of our favorite holes. Seriously I thought I would have to pull in the other rods, up anchor and follow this fish. It was stripping drag like you would not believe. He kept saying he couldn't do anything with it, anyway the worst happened the fish just came unhooked. We were both sick. The fish (probably a big blue) was hooked in the middle of the channel in fast current on a piece of cut bait (golden shiner). I'll be going again as soon as tkeyhunter gets her turkey. Oh I harvested a 25lb gobbler with an 11 inch beard last wednesday. Wish tkeyhunter luck!
    :smile2:

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the report Earl. Saturday was rough indeed. Hit the Carlyle spillway and the water all the way at the top of the rocks - the tree trunks were even under water. Hope to see a pic of tkeyhunter's BIG turkey at the gathering in June :big_smile:

3. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Come on tkeyhunter,
    I am wishing you all the luck a person could...I hope you get you a nice bird...That is one thing I have never done...Sorry about the miss Tonto...That always sucks...bet it was a monster...We here at home have not been out but one time on the water...Getting antsy here...I will be going next weekend come hell or highwater...probably the later first...Look forward to fishing with ya soon...

Paul and Sally

4. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    the weather man got the forecast wrong? ICFBI,lol

5. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Well tkeyhunter struck out. My fault I guess, anyway went on the muddy again last friday. Took my nephew and his stepdad. We only caught one fish a blue about 5lbs, but a good time was had by all. Will keep fishin.
    :big_smile:

6. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You'll get next time tkeyhunter...fishing is only going to get better outside temp is going up and hopefully water level down a little and the big boys will start hitting again real soon...

Nice hearing from you