Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone fishes this little tributary or not but about this time every yr the Flathead's (especially with the water up) really turn on. This is "the" place to target Flathead's in the springtime when they're travelling upriver to spawn. Every drift pile has the potential to hold a giant. Just thought I would share this little gem and I hope somebody catches a Monster there. I always fished near the park in Murphysboro, Il. Good Luck!:secret:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I lived in Hurst from second grade upn until 3 yrs ago and my fishing on the big muddy amounted to one over night trip with a youth group....now I kick myself for not spending more time down there!
My parents neighbor ran nets on the muddy and on more than one occassion I saw him fill his yard with flatheads and channels. Someday I will get to know that river, should be easier to learn because of its compact size.
Post up some pictures this year and let me see what I am missing! Good luck
Chris

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, that little tributary is in my back yard, seriously we park our boat there when the weather holds up.
River has always been a source of peace, quiet, and tasty table fare!
Don't know if I like the thought of nets? Can't be much sport in that.
There are plenty of big ones to make your day & the critters are out often along the banks. We often see deer, turkeys, bald eagles, ducks, and this "city girl" even saw her 1st mink (live, not a coat) cutest little critter!
Runs us out to Mississippi River when we plan a full day of it. Nice little bit of landscaping indeed!

Wave when you pass by, it keeps Tonto happy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
He ran the nets purely to keep the family fed. Big extended family and it was a tradition with them to run nets on the river. Everyone came over when there was a big haul and spent the day cleaning fish. Can't fault them for keeping a tradition alive and a family fed.
I agree with ya on the nets not being sporting, but it would definately keep ya in fish.
Chris

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Well, that little tributary is in my back yard, seriously we park our boat there when the weather holds up.
River has always been a source of peace, quiet, and tasty table fare!
Don't know if I like the thought of nets? Can't be much sport in that.
There are plenty of big ones to make your day & the critters are out often along the banks. We often see deer, turkeys, bald eagles, ducks, and this "city girl" even saw her 1st mink (live, not a coat) cutest little critter!
Runs us out to Mississippi River when we plan a full day of it. Nice little bit of landscaping indeed!

Wave when you pass by, it keeps Tonto happy.
are you and tonto planning on goin to the gathering this weekend? ill be home on leave and would like to see you guys while im there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice fish! I'm glad someone knows what they are doing. The river here at Alton has been up and down like a yoyo. I managed to get a few small ones but I miss catching the 30 pounders. I haven't had a bite on skipjack in two weeks. Congrad"s again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.