Big Muddy in Lexington

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by colonelsanders, Jul 1, 2009.

1. colonelsanders

colonelsanders New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey guys, new to here and this stretch of river, but have any of you had much luck out by Lexington? I have been out twice in a week and got only one baby Blue. First trip out water was bout 15 feet up(didn't know till I got there), and 2nd trip still had the dikes underwater. Also any good shad hot spots around there?
    Colonelsanders

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Adam. There isnt much biting right now. spawn starting and the river wont stable out! As far as shad goes on the river good luck. I grew up on this river and have never had so much touble finding shad. Used to be able to get them up crooked river but have struck out there most of the year there also. Good luck.

Tom

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fishens been tough with all the high water. They spawnen on the MO right now but 1 to 5 lbs still bite. For shad look up the feeder creeks, If you cant get shad, big creek minners and small sunfish are a good bet, Or cut carp buff or sucker works. Shad guts are good for small ones to. River is goen down should be some rock out by this weekend and it should slowly drop out to normal. Big bite should pick up for blues in 2 or 3 weeks just fish deep fast water in the day. and sandbars next to deep water @ night or off the ends of dikes. Good luck.

4. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The fishings on the missouri has been real slow for me around lexington so dont feel bad. The best trick I know is to get out as much as possible.:wink: