big molds

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by kscathunter, Nov 4, 2007.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    again to the guys using big weights. what type of sinker do you use because the only big sinker molds i can find are cannon ball? and that to me doesent sound like the best option. what are ya'll using and were can i get it?

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    look into do-it molds

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    er i got do its sorry im looking for bigger than 10oz and not a $$$$$$ custom

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    We have 10 & 12oz bank sinker molds from do it

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    grr hey brad i would have liked to have went fishing with you sun, but had a sick kid, always something. is that as big as you use, really? last time i fished the ks that was barely enough granted it was up a bit and i was on the bank but 10-12oz homemade no rolls tried to move a bit. i can have and will make bigger homemade out of what i can but sence ive seen people talking about bigger i thought some would have something bigger to make them. thanks please keep replying.....

6. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO

do-it makes bank sinker molds up to 24 ounce

7. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is an easy fix. Go get some 3/0 snap swivels. Heat up the lead in your ladle to desired weight and height. Stick your snap down in the lead with needle nose pliers normally on the side. Experiment on how full the ladle is for how much it weighs. This will give you a half a ball sinker that works pretty good.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    thanks for the link vince big help :wink::cool2: sorry ed didnt know till i looked on that site vince sent me ive looked around but wasent finding thanks again.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    When I was in California, I needed 10 ounce sinkers, and didn't have a mold that size. I did some experimenting and found that filling an aluminum cigar tube with lead and sticking in a piece of wire before it melted gave me what I needed. And I got a little extra because being long & skinny for its weight, it was pretty snag-free. So, with a little experimenting, you should be able to determine what size salvaged pipe you need to use to get the weight sinkers you need. I've got an old TV antenna, and I've been thinking about filling some of the smaller diameter pieces with lead to use as a snag-free sinker when drifting. I figure a piece 12"-15" long would be pretty snag-free.

10. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Thats part of your problem. Fishing from the bank is going to take a lot more lead to hold out there. You have all that current pushing on your line. Lot easier to fish from behind a boat. Heck if i was you I would throw some down the bank next to shore.

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    youre telling me. im planning on working on moms boat so i can get out there and chase some cats instead of throwing out big hunks of lead hoping to keep my bait still long enough for something to swim by. but till then..........