Big Mac admitts to steroid use.

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by opposum, Jan 11, 2010.

1. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can't believe he's waited this long to finally tell the truth. I think the Cards should fire him before he gets to try his hand at batting coach. Make Albert coach/player....which I'm quite sure he's already doing.

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    yeppers

at this point with all the substances out on the market to hide theese enhancement drugs they may as well just leave the door wide open and lettem take what ever they want

too me its never going away and new stuff every year comming out that turns the adverage athlette into a super player dont get me wrong tallent and skill and genetics play a roll

but i was in the gym enough years to see with my own eyes what drugs can do to a person and the goals they can achieve ...

shoot even I took enhancement supplements and achieved goals in a very short time that I know I would not have without them .

when i left highschool i weighed 190 lbs with around 12 %% body fat by the time i was 20 after lifting wieghts in the gyms I got to around 220 lbs with close to same4 body fat %%%

then i started taking creatine ,, andro ,, and some other junk and in 2 years time doing bassically the same kind of routines shot up 270 lbs with 15 %%% body fat

and 1 of my buddies that i ment in the gym was using steriods and insulin pre loading stuff and every month would pass me even more on strenght and size as we did the same work outs together even at my best I could not keep up with the gains he made .

thank the good lord now that I did not have a good job making good money yet in life or I would of done and took what he was !!!!

now that im older its just not worth the chance for the average joe to take the risks of what harm they can and will do to ones body in the long run ..

athlettes making 6 and 7 figure incomes sure to keep doing what they do as long as they can to make that kind of income well i say atleast 60 %%% of them are taking some kind of enhancement drugs .

then i got a better welding job making good money but had to work alot of overtime and it was a hard days work lifting steel and being under a hot welding hood all day so the gym thing went by by lol

now im bucking 350 lbs with around 50 %% body fat probably lol

the best 1 tho is this nut in the gym was taking steriods and was using the wrong size needle to shot up with ,, he was using a diabetic needle and got a huge sore on his butt and it got so bad he had to go to the dr well lmao his off cycle was a tad long after that mistake lol

its sad but the truth is very very very few people are gifted enough to compette with guys doing them !!!!

and i dont see them ever going away

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    I will add a personal note in my 20s 29 or 30 i had been having breathing problems for awhile and after many dr visits and specailist they told me I had a pulmanary lung disease and at 1 point got down to 28 %% lung compasity and drs would not release me to go back to work

uggggggg then all kinds of pills and allergy shots for me

slowly they got me back to around 40 %%% lung compaity but still would not release me to go work and work would not let me come back until they did ..

even the drs could not tell me for sure if it was from work from welding fumes or not

so to this day i wounder if some of that junk i was taking played any rolls in what i have

to this day I have to wear a c pap machine at night to breathe and keep my blood oxygen content in the 90 %% range

then to top it off I had a small heart attack a couple years ago and was in the hospital a couple days ..

so if any young men or kids read this please dont take stuff just to bench press another 100 lbs
    or show off ...

you may pay a price latter on in life ya dont want to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vitamins and a good high protien diet is all ya need to make good gains and be healthy !!!

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    You are too funny Scotty!!!! LMAO!!!!:Happy:

5. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    :time-out: WHy fire him, if you think for a minute that there isnt a few of the legendary players that are sitting in the Hall of Fame that took some kind of enhancement then you are foolish as they just never got tested, do i condone it no, but to say fire him is rediculous, he has already proven to be a hell of a hitting coach, (Matt Holliday, Skip Shumacker), and last year if ALbert was doing hitting coach slash player he did a pretty poor job if it as the majoirty of our games were won on our pitching and not our hitting. I say give the man a chance and see what he can do, hell if he can bring some consistancy to our hitters and get them to were there is more than two people hitting on any one given night then he is worth his weight in gold. Everyone can say what they want to about him, but he brought the game of baseball back, before him and Sammy went on there historic run I can remeber Busch Stadium not very full. AND, if anybody thought he wasnt taking some kind of enhancement when he playing is as blind/stupid and nieve as any perosn has ever been, but its just my 2 cents, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.:struggle:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  6. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    But I look at it like show business. He did what he did so he could stay competitive. Pamela Anderson got a boob job to stay competitive. What's the difference?

Eventually Mark will stroke out and eventually Pamela Anserson's boobs will look like a tennis ball in the end of a tube sock.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    As I said in another post it don't make no difference what they took.It takes a darn good eye and body coronation to hit a baseball thrown 100mph.
    Personally I like the guy. J.M.H.O.

8. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    "but to say fire him is rediculous."

Rediculous is playing spots and needing to take steroids to be better. I gave up on baseball when the players thought they were underpaid and the strike began. When he and Sammy got into the homerun race I started watching baseball again. Now I watch the Cards everytime I can.

Rediculous....kids look up to these superstar athletes....why....because he took drugs and became a super athlete? He should never be introduced into the Hall of Fame in my opinion.

Can't they press charged on him? Didn't he lie under oath in court? What about Bonds? What about Clemens? Didn't they charge him? Do you really want your kids to have them as roll models? I don't. "He brought the game of baseball back" Only because he took steroids so he could him homeruns. Do I care what he does to his own body? No. Do I care about all the kids that look up to him and want to take steroids because of him? Yes. For that reason MLB should take a hard stance on this. Steroid abuse can kill you....

"I say give the man a chance and see what he can do" He has already done this. He cheated, lied, and tarnished the great game of baseball. He had the chance to tell the truth years ago under oath. I have no repect for him because of this. MLB, Fans, and fellow players shouldn't either. What pitchers did he hit homeruns off that would have had better stats if it weren't for the steroids? Did he cause your favorite team to miss the playoffs because he cheated, took steroids, and hit a homerun to win a game? He and other steroid users changed the game forever. None of them should be allowed into the Hall of Fame.

Just my opinion.

9. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    As long as there are sports, role modles or no role modles, people want to win, and they will do anything at any cost to gain the competitive edge, I have played sports all the way through college, and can tell you that people are not using steroids and ect. because Big Mac or some professionals are suing them, they use them because they want to win and be the best, and that will never change until testing is done on everybody, like I said in my earlier post, I do not support the use of steroids, never took anything myself, was lucky enough the my genetics allowed me to get as big as i wanted to just by working out and a strict nutrition plan, To each his own opinion, God Bless the USA becasue we are all allowed our own opinions, but dont blame a pro for kids using steroids, they have a decision to make, plenty f other pros out there that dont use steroids, it our jobs as parents and brothers and sisters, to inform kids about this stuff from a young age, then its up to them (THEIR OWN PERSONAL CHOICES) hopefully we have done our part and they listen, just like drugs, sex, ect.

10. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Well said and on top of that the muscle mass added doesn't make the balls go over the fence. Does it help yes to some point, some of the other great HR hitters from the past were little guys ( Ted Williams, Ernie Banks Willie Mays) most these guys were under 200lbs and 6ft., a lot of it comes down to the basic fundamentals and then adding your touch to it.

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ive taken creatine once...im a real b$#@%s

12. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    If he had come forward years ago and admitted that he used steroids then I would not have a problem with him now. Personally I think if he is baned from getting into the hall of fame then having him as a hitting coach would be okay in my opinion. Like others have said you still have to hit the ball. However, a little talent with a lot of strength goes a long way in hitting home runs. I think he is still lying even after confessing!...said he used when he was hurt to help heal himself. Yea, right. And Michael Jackson was Peter Pan.

13. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree.

14. CANCATCHCATS

CANCATCHCATS New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    I have his rookie card. He looks like a little boy compared to when he broke the record.
    If it was strength alone there would be a lot of people that could hit home runs.
    I don't know alot about enhanceing drugs. Do they improve eyesite. Do they quicken reflecks. Do they give you the ability to have the correct batting stance. Do they give you a better idea of a ball and strike.
    I think you have to give some credit to the man the drugs can't do it all.

15. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    In the famous words of my hero Gomer Pyle ( surprise,surprise, surprise).:Shocked:

16. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    You do have to give him some credit. He was a great baseball player. I too loved watching him hit. He had a gift that not all people are given. I just wished he'd left this stuff alone. Steroids didn't do everything for him but they with out a doubt helped with strength, quickness, and (according to John Kruk former MLB player in the "steroid era") recovery time. He said that in 160 + games in a year the body wears down. Steroids would help the recovery period and be an unfair advantage to the ones that didn't take it. I don't buy it that he took steroids for a decade for his health. It was so he could have an advantage. IMO

It is a shame that some pro athletes were involved with steroids. It was said earlier that you can't blame the pro players if kids take steroids. Like it or not kids do idolize pro athletes. I can't remember how many commercials said something like "I wanta be like Mike." #23 that is. Who wouldn't. He's one of the best ever to play basketball. Do some kids take steroids because of Big Mac and the steroid era? What do you think?

17. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    He cheated!!! Bottom line ,who knows how long he was Juicing.A good hitter I'll give you that.Hall Of Famer, never.Baseball it's self is guilty for lettng this go on just to bring You and Me to the ball park.Money is the source of all Evil.

18. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good Post. I agree 100%

19. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Cheated?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that MLB did not have a policy regarding "performance enhancing" drugs at the time Mark and Sammy had the "big race". So how could it be considered "cheating" if there was no clear cut policy regarding the usage of such substances? They were doing what they did to make a living, sure, it's a "Game" but to them it was they're way of earning a living. So technically, the only "rules" he broke were those of the State in which he possessed them.

Steroids, are they illegal? Sure, by Missouri law it is, however if you are in possession of it, the penalty by the courts is less strict than being caught with a marijuana cigarette and if you know anything about our Justice System, you'll know that THAT punishment is null. Hell selling steroids, unless you're moving a SUBSTANTIAL amount and the Feds get involved, is rarely even prosecuted, at least over here on my side of the state.

Mark as a baseball role model; Watch ESPN or any News station and you'll see / read of some professional athlete with some kind of issue. i.e The NFL's Plaxico Burress mess, NBA and Gilbert Arenas, just to name a few. Then you have the NCAA, the "Farm League" of all the professional sports. Some NCAA schools are being investigated for recruiting and admitting student athletes with 3rd grade reading levels and severe learning disabilities! Kids are going to see these things, but it is the responsibility of the parents to insure that their children are guidied to understand that these things are out there in their community and that they may or may not be faced with a situation in which they will have to make a decision regarding these things. Hopefully they will make the correct choice.

I'm not a big baseball fan but I'm not going to say that Mark should be bannished from baseball or that the Cards shouldn't keep him on the staff.

20. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    More true words could not be spoken.....