Big Livewell

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by ramon06, Sep 13, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Does anyone make Tanks big enough to keep Big Fish alive? I'm talkin 60-100 lb Cats, In case you're in a Tourney or you need to keep a Big Cat alive to take to a baitshop for Record Certification? Im buying a Pontoon so I dont think the size would be a problem

2. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    go to customlivewell.com google it

3. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I think fishmate pro makes livewells in large sizes as well.

4. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    buy a big truckbox and put a akwalung system on it and you are good to go. I think the akwalung would keep any size fish alive as long as it is in water.:wink:

5. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I just had a box built for my boat. I had it built by customlivewells.com I laid out the dimensions and they built it just like I wanted. I had to install it in my boat but the final project was worth it. The material he uses in the construction has some insulating properties and I added an 1 1/2" of insulation around it when I framed it in my boat. Give Travis a call. Their prices are less than half of others. PM if you want to know more.

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
  7. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I've been using for the last couple years a fullsized aluminium truck toolbox with an Akwa-Lung setup with a 1100gph pump. 60"Lx23"Wx23"H. seems to work for everything I need, will easily hold a 5 fish limit or a state or world record if need be. I did mine this way so i could remove it from the boat when not needed. I know quite a few others that run a similiar setup.

This is just one example, if you can think it, you can make it. There is a lot of suitable tanks to use, it's just a matter of finding one that fits your needs. Guys are using anything from watering troughs, to those big coolers, to getting one custom built. You wouldn't have to have an Akwa-Lung, incorporated into it, but it sure does make for a nice setup in any event for keeping the fish in good condition. I can easily regulate the temperature in the heat of summer with the recirculating of water and the double filtration system keeps the water cleaned.

only a suggestion.