Big Lazer

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by goshawk, Dec 3, 2009.

1. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I got off work a bit early today so I decided to swing by the Big Lazar WMA in Talbot county. I managed to catch two eating size channel cats fishing from my Kayak.

That was the good news. While trying stand up for a moment (yes, I've done it before...) I rocked too much and ended up in water. Have practiced th is before, I was back in the boat pretty quick and yes it was cold.

I kept fishing for a while (I had a dry jacket in the boat), but with the wet cloths underneath, I realized I needed to head in to the car.

When I returned home, my was very sympathetic, she well at least you caught us some dinner :smile2:

I drove by the Flint, it seemed pretty high.

Pat

2. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    thats not a good way to check water temp.they make gauges for that pat.seriously you need to be careful with the water temps dropping,don't want to hear about no tragedy.but glad you caught some fish.

3. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yea, it was a sure enough rush. I did have some foresight because I had an extra coat in the boat and took off my wet coat and put on the dry one. Pants and undershirt were wet however.

I kept fishing for a while, but as the sun was heading down I realized oh --it, I'm cold:eek:oooh:, I'd better get my rear back to the car. I had that heater running full blast and my teeth had started to chatter.

I was pretty close to some land as I was trying to cast under some bushes to bring some bream home, so getting back to shore would have been an option too.

I caught the two channels by dropping straight down between the trees and brush piles located all over the Lazar. I've learned casting out is not good idea unless you know it's clear spot otherwise, you'll be redoing your line more than you would like.

I am getting pretty good at getting back in that Yak. I had an open container of chicken liver sitting on a board in the boat and was able to climb back into the thing without tipping the liver over.

4. cvbaitman

cvbaitman New Member

State:
    georgia
    OR GET A WETSUIT ON FIRST :smile2:

5. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    glad you are ok....im so fat its hard for me to get out of bed ....much less climb:0a20: back in a boat.......

6. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    don't fat float kenneth,or is that a turd.Either way all i'd have to do is lay there an let the wind blow me to shore.:crazy::embarassed::smile2:

7. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    some float some sink....i just hope there is a pfd close by if i fall in....:smile2::smile2::smile2: