Big Jons

Discussion in 'Boating' started by robbor, Feb 11, 2007.

1. robbor

robbor New Member

State:
    Ca
    I see some of you guys are using very large V jon boats. How big is you big jon? What are the high quality brands?

2. Tiny

Tiny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    mine's a 2070 crestliner/lowe roughneck ... it's got all the bells and whistles. it's the kind to get if you tend to get caught in storms ... I found out one time that those floatation pods come in handy

3. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    1648 Alumacraft with a 25 HP Honda

I have added the things I need like floor, bait tank trolling motor, seats, ect

4. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have a 2472 Sea Ark center consol modified-V which is one of the better and heavier built jon's for big water with a 140hp 4 stroke Suzuki on it.

5. 710split

710split New Member

State:
    iowa
    We played on the Mississippi for years with a 16' Lowe (40HP). Last year, we traded up to a 19' G3 (90HP). It is amazing how much more stable it is on rough water.

6. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I have a Seaark comercial series 24/72 with a cabin and a suzuki 140, no complaints.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I have a 20 foot duracraft with a 115hp yamaha.

8. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    We had a 16 foot tracker with a 15hp mercury, with my son, two small grandchildren and myself it was loaded. I traded up to a 20 ft Sea Ark wilth a 15 degree bow and equiped with 115 hp Suzuki 4 stroke. The stability, safety and speed is not comparable.

9. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    i just got a 2072 alweld with a 75 hp force. i ran it up the river today and i love it. i had 1648 with a 25hp jonson and it was okay. this boat it three times as stable.

10. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I don't really consider my 1860 Sea Ark a "big jon", but compared to my dad's 1648 flatbottom it is a night and day difference. I have the 15 degree hull and it is plenty stable for the Mississippi and cuts through the chop really well.

11. p_strouth

p_strouth New Member

State:
    Louisville Tn
    I have a seaark duckhawk 2472 with a 150 e-tec how fast are the other seaarks on this post

12. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have a 16 52 seaark allwelded boat 25hp merc.

13. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Got any pictures of that Bad Boy? I bet that 150 etec will make her fly.
    How Do you like it so far?

14. kylerm78

kylerm78 New Member

State:
    Spring Hill/ Edgerton ks
    I have been looking at boats have been tossing the idea around of getting a 20 ft tracker grizzly how do these jons handle a windy lake. I fish out of a v bottom now and am worried that I would not be happy with the ride and stability of jon but these boats have alot more room. Thanks

15. talk2sampson

talk2sampson New Member

State:
    smithville mo
    I have a 1960 lowe roughneck with a 70hp evinrude and it is great on big rivers although on rough or choppy water it will break your back.

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i have a 15 ft crestliner semi v vintage 1959 15 horse 4 strock yamaha.do my fishing from the bank use the boat to get me from spot to spot.to lazy to carry all my gear.

17. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i have a 1983 alumacraft 1672 with 40hp mariner it serves the purpose , wish i could afford a 2272 seaark center console

18. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Mine will run 40 mph.

19. kylerm78

kylerm78 New Member

State:
    Spring Hill/ Edgerton ks
    I think I need to find someone with a big jon and go to the lake in it before buying one. Just do not want to regret it.

20. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    18/85 polar kraft with 90 mercury. plenty big enough.