Big Jon Boat

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverKing, Jun 25, 2007.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Any one know where i could possibly get a big 18 to 20 foot used jon boat with a sterring console in it..I have been thinking about getting one, but really cant find what i want around here..Thought maybe some of you guys that are closer to the water maybe able to help me find one..I am willing to travel quit a ways to get it.

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Have you tried Traderonline Matt? When I was in the market for an upgrade, I couldn't find squat used so I just bought a new one. But I just did a quick search on there and a few used ones turned up.

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Hey thanks, i will check it out..I really dont even want an engine, i basically want to buy a stripped down..Just a boat and a steering wheel, that way i can make it exactly how i want it....What type of jon boat do you have, length, width, motor size?? I fished the madison classic with my buddy who has an 18 footer with a 115 hp on it, and i really liked it..I want one now.LOL

4. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Matt, Try boatcrazy.com I found my 20 ft seaark there.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have a Lowe Roughneck - 20' long X 8' wide, 115 Optimax. I drove all the way to Corbin, KY to get it because the dealers around Cincinnati were trying to stick me where the sun don't shine. I saved about $2500 by getting it down there. If you decide on a new one, just expand your search area to include the sticks. :smile2:

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    If you're near a big river, it's going to be tough to find one cheap. I've had good luck looking for stuff on Craig's list. It's nice because you can check by state (Floridal leaps to mind as a place to find a cheaper used boat:big_smile:) Good Luck!

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You know there's a lot of truth to that. One of my good friends used to live both here and in FL and just moved to FL for good and he said there's a lot of good deals to be had on "freshwater" boats down there. Us northerners move down there and have to get a salt water boat and do trade-ins. Be a heck of a drive though to pick one up.

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i know a guy down past Fairfield (near cincy) who was wanting me to buy his boat last year so he could buy another "swamp buggy" ( with a big propellar and a 350!). his boat was a 18ft extra wide jon with a 100hp (?) jet drive outboard. think he wanted $6500 for it. i will give him a call later if your intirested. there isnt a spot on the GMR this boat cant reach! it will go through 8 inches of water on plane!